No announcement yet.

lots of rules to get a street car to go in nines legally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You like boyz too.........we don't hold it against you.
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

high side of my limiter is only 6200.lol...that 6900 converter with a brake probly sounds like pro stock on the starting line......thats awesome.
      63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

I footbrake from 2500, and let it smack the converter......It does sound cool on the transbrake, but honestly, I haven't used it since last fall on a protree........with a bias tire on the back. The brake and my radials.......let's just say they don't get along.

Only thing the Tbrake is good for anymore is sitting at a stoplight......
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
          Thanks Brian, ill try and get teh cage certified and physical done before hand.
          Also, as an FYI...

If you have two time slips (from an IHRA or NHRA track) in the 9s from within the last year, those can be used as your runs and they can be submitted with the crossover form for your license. I'd make sure you have the physical done. Some tracks won't sign off on the form without the physcial paperwork.
          Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 4, 2012, 05:56 AM.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
            You race in some good air you might be in trouble.
            You forget ... Good air to me is an 8500' D/A!
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Brian are you sure about this stuff? When I did my licensing I had to have my physical form and all runs had to be witnessed and signed off by two licensed drivers and the track manager. And it's a total of six runs. Four partials and two in the nines.
              It's still fresh in my mInd since I just did it last month.
              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Jake and Docs 6800 stalls make my 6500 sound like grandma's car
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                  Brian are you sure about this stuff? When I did my licensing I had to have my physical form and all runs had to be witnessed and signed off by two licensed drivers and the track manager. And it's a total of six runs. Four partials and two in the nines.
                  We have pretty good supply of driver's with licenses who can sign the witness form. It's not clear to me how a mix of laps and different signatures at different tracks would work. I'm not an NHRA official so I won't guess on this, but the physical was a big deal when I went to Frank Hawley's last year.

tsanchez, you are inside the window now so just be sure to get it done by a licensed physician.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    tsanchez -- if you can get to the test session on Sunday at Tulsa and make three passes you can get your license paperwork done. As long as you have a copy and it is signed off by three people you'll be good to go for the rest of the week....assuming it runs 9s. You can send the check and all that junk in later, but I don't see you having a problem if you get the license form signed on Sunday. I'll be helping with tech and stuff on Sunday, so if you need anything with respect to this, find me.
                    Brian, are you the Race Director now, in addition to announcing? I know they were looking for an RD earlier this year.

If so, I have some rules interpretation questions to ask.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      Jake and Docs 6800 stalls make my 6500 sound like grandma's car
                      If that's true then my car must be like grandma's aunt's car. Actually that's kinda what is, I mean really, a covertable race car, hah, prom parade car, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                        Hey man...I am pretty sure about this as I have been signing off on license forms in this manner all year at New England Dragway and we got the green light on it from the NHRA Division 1 leadership. Here is the actual text from the NHRA license cross over form:

o Two (2) full-pass time slips in class for which you seek a license
                        within the past 12 months at any facility or event (side-by-side
                        time trials or elimination time slips accepted).

*** To clarify, I am operating under the assumption that TSanchez is IHRA licensed to the ET he wants to cross over to an NHRA license in. If he was starting from scratch, things are different.
                        Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 6, 2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          Brian, are you the Race Director now, in addition to announcing? I know they were looking for an RD earlier this year.

If so, I have some rules interpretation questions to ask.
                          Bill, as far as I know, I have not been "promoted". HA!

I may be able to help you on that stuff though and if I can't I have a good line on getting an answer for you.

Comment

That's what I Misunderstood. It's a crossover license.
                            "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Working...
                            X