Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your dragweek rules questions here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your dragweek rules questions here!

I have gotten a lot of calls and emails from folks saying that they have been having a hard time getting answers to some of their rules questions/clarifications, and I'm hoping to help out with that.

Please post your questions, clarifications, etc in this thread and I'll see what I can do.

Chad
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

One simple rule: It's easier to ask forgiveness afterwards, than it is to ask permission before!!
    Amazingly, I've managed to stay married for 28 years, and have only been thrown out at 2 drag strips!!

Comment

Is it ok if I let the air out of all 4 of McConnell's tires? Just curious...no real reason.

IHRA License good for sub 9.99 passes? Even at an NHRA track?
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

325 drag radials are listed as ok for street race, super street race and modified, but there is also a 11.5 go/no go gauge. Both the Hoosier and MT 325's are specified by the manufacturer as having wider thread width than 11.5 and my measurements on 10" wide rims confirm this. Are 325's ok, or not.

Thank you doing this Chad. There is no excuse for this intransigence on HRM's part.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
          IHRA License good for sub 9.99 passes? Even at an NHRA track?
          Pretty sure that the NHRA tracks will require you to cross over your IHRA license to an NHRA license. Bring two 9-second time slips from the last 12 months and they will sign off on it. You also need to have your physical stuff, etc.

Here's a link to the form and it tells you what you need to have with you -

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            Pretty sure that the NHRA tracks will require you to cross over your IHRA license to an NHRA license. Bring two 9-second time slips from the last 12 months and they will sign off on it. You also need to have your physical stuff, etc.

Here's a link to the form and it tells you what you need to have with you -

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/cross_licenseapp.pdf
            It was posted here that you needed an NHRA (or) an IHRA license. You think that Tulsa is going to throw a fit. I race IHRA....there really isn't a need for me to spend the coin on an NHRA license if I don't have to......

Team Clueless
            1st Place SB/NA DW12
            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
            sigpic

Comment

Best thing to do is buzz the track just to make sure they will be OK.

Comment

just my 2centz......the "or" is because u need the proper license for the track you are on.it will be an insurance issue.if you crash on an nhra track and dont have the nhra license,then safety rules were violated and insurance will not like it.that is the way i take that rule anyways.i wuld get the stuff to cross it ovet to be safe.
                63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

It gets more and more expensive every time I turn around.....
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                    It gets more and more expensive every time I turn around.....
                    You can say that again
                    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I always read it (not that I need one) that you need "a" license for the et you will be running, and either NHRA or IHRA would be accepted. The DW rules have no "track sanctioning body" stipulation attached.

All vehicles must meet NHRA safety rules for the e.t. and speed they are capable of, and drivers must be IHRA or NHRA licensed if required. Drag Week officials will not accept time slips that are quicker or faster than the cars techd legal e.t. and mph. Running quicker than the safety equipment allows is cause for disqualification at the discretion of the race director.
                      Last edited by BBR; August 7, 2012, 01:32 PM. Reason: apostrophe "s" was kicking my quoting butt!
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Doc touched my "Private Pots" last year..........does that count as a physical?
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

TMI, you are DQ'd.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

DQ'd or gets to spend all week in the time out box.

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
                              just my 2centz......the "or" is because u need the proper license for the track you are on.it will be an insurance issue.if you crash on an nhra track and dont have the nhra license,then safety rules were violated and insurance will not like it.that is the way i take that rule anyways.i wuld get the stuff to cross it ovet to be safe.
                              This is also the way that I see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X