Anyone Else Running out of Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
    I'm far from out of steam but money and common sense are severely lacking.
    I hear ya man, it seems the closer we get to the event, the further from the door leading into the common sense room I get.
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
      I hear ya man, it seems the closer we get to the event, the further from the door leading into the common sense room I get.
      that's a good one. I may steal that.

I broke a tooth yesterday, had been root canaled a long time ago. I had a GREAT plan for today, because it's the first day when it hasn't been steaming outside in a month or so. Unfortunately, it's been sidelined by vicodin and beer and my face is still miserable. I'm counting on Monica to tell me what I worked on tonight so I can fix it this weekend. eeek.

I think I'm on plan AA or maybe AB now? I refuse to give in.. things are too close to being doable. I haven't worked as much in a year as I have this year in a decade, this stuff is FOOKING GREATNESS!
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I am so disturbed...I keep thinking to myself.."Just give up you moron"...then I come in here and read that I am not the only one that feels like its impossible....And just reading the comments and words from all of you gets me motivated again (even if its for just a day). I am so close to starting this tank it is killing me. I may have to run in the PS/NA class as I dont know if I will get the fogger finished. It wont be painted...probably just primer...lol, but the steam comes and goes...along with the motivation!!! Now all I need is a sponser for gas and I will be set...lol. Any offers?....lmao! I hope to see you all in a few weeks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oklaracer View Post
          I am so disturbed...I keep thinking to myself.."Just give up you moron"...then I come in here and read that I am not the only one that feels like its impossible....And just reading the comments and words from all of you gets me motivated again (even if its for just a day). I am so close to starting this tank it is killing me. I may have to run in the PS/NA class as I dont know if I will get the fogger finished. It wont be painted...probably just primer...lol, but the steam comes and goes...along with the motivation!!! Now all I need is a sponser for gas and I will be set...lol. Any offers?....lmao! I hope to see you all in a few weeks!!!!!
          you CAN'T give up.. DF brought Drag Week to your state so YOU could go!! ;)
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Block and crank back from machinist, balanced and venolias are pin fit.

Roll cage is finished now.

still need to do front brakes and remove power steering and make a block off for heater blower motor.

Oh and mock up and check clearances, then clean and assemble engine. finish porting intake and go through carbs.
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Run what ya brung, and I'm wanting to see that extended cab run no mater what class it's in.......and my short step will either be gray primered, or shot of green over half finished body work. See ya in twenty something days.
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I am so close to starting this tank it is killing me. I may have to run in the PS/NA class as I dont know if I will get the fogger finished. It wont be painted...probably just primer...lol, but the steam comes and goes...along with the motivation!!! Now all I need is a sponser for gas and I will be set...lol. Any offers?....lmao! I hope to see you all in a few weeks!!!!!
                Just keep imagining the adventure it's gonna be because it will wind up far exceeeding anything you can imagine! Even if you're in PS/NA you won't have to worry about being last, I'm still running in the 11's so I'll bring up the rear again. Just focus on getting the truck to where it will make it through the week and you will have a blast that becomes overwhelmingly addicting.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

dont give up....all it has to do is pull itself....

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                    dont give up....all it has to do is pull itself....
                    lmao!
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                      **********Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike*****************
                      What?

Comment

Running outta steam, NO WAY!!!! I'm like a steam ship loaded up with coal for the long journey!! 1 day off in the last 3 weeks, and many, many midnights, and just gonna get longer! Running outta money, well that's a whole nother story..

I got a car AND engine in pieces, got my buddy Stevie D thrashing on the car to get it ready for an engine, 1400.00 in Ferrea valves should be in the door today, had to take a wild stab at the exhaust valve length, hope my 30 years didn't let me down!! I'll know soon..

Along with a freaking shop full of work, including another Drag Week engine (Boss 331) that MUST get on the pump and out the door before I can really touch mine, I'm right on time!! Oh yeah, the Boss engine is in a million pieces, but may get on the dyno this weekend..

Comment

Well .............................. Im close to pulling to plug and wishing all you guys the best of luck. I dont have a motor back yet and not reallly sure when it will be done. The last repair plus the trip might be a bit more than the piggy bank is going to give up. I want to make sure that if i dont go I give someone else enough oppurtunity to get ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
                            Well .............................. Im close to pulling to plug and wishing all you guys the best of luck. I dont have a motor back yet and not reallly sure when it will be done. The last repair plus the trip might be a bit more than the piggy bank is going to give up. I want to make sure that if i dont go I give someone else enough oppurtunity to get ready to go.
                            say it aint so!!

did ya bust the motor??

want to watch your amazing car again this year!!
                            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                              say it aint so!!

did ya bust the motor??

want to watch your amazing car again this year!!
                              Yeah I really think reality is hitting me square in the face. For the people who have done it they know what I mean when I say I lived for being able to go. I let myself get out of hand last year buying stuff after the fire to go, now this year I felt pretty good and the motor broke. It hurt a head gasket which in turn hurt the block and head. After further inspection It needed a sleeve as well as piston and rods. It is possible things will work out but I wont know until after the motor is fixed. I think you guys are going to be in for a real treat with some of the new cars out there. Doug Cline(Larry Larson Race Cars) is by far one of the finest street cars I have ever seen. Make sure to check it out , if anyone is going to give Larry a run(Not to say that there is not other cars that won't) this will be the car. I still have my fingers and toes crossed(the toes are tough on a fat guy) but its going to take a bit more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
                                Yeah I really think reality is hitting me square in the face. For the people who have done it they know what I mean when I say I lived for being able to go. I let myself get out of hand last year buying stuff after the fire to go, now this year I felt pretty good and the motor broke. It hurt a head gasket which in turn hurt the block and head. After further inspection It needed a sleeve as well as piston and rods. It is possible things will work out but I wont know until after the motor is fixed. I think you guys are going to be in for a real treat with some of the new cars out there. Doug Cline(Larry Larson Race Cars) is by far one of the finest street cars I have ever seen. Make sure to check it out , if anyone is going to give Larry a run(Not to say that there is not other cars that won't) this will be the car. I still have my fingers and toes crossed(the toes are tough on a fat guy) but its going to take a bit more than that.
                                Joe, sorry to here you hurt the motor but keep after it. I would realy like to see you make it this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X