No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Running out of Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to start buying 5 hour energy by the case.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

hope things turn for the better joe.on of my favorite pics from last year is your 56 on pro jacks in great bend hotel parking lot.i show it to people to explain the amazing caliber of cool cars that attend.
      63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Good luck Joe. With a car like yours, keep at it. I understand about the piggy bank though...
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Dang Joe. Hope some things start falling inline for you.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Oklaracer View Post
            I am so disturbed...I keep thinking to myself.."Just give up you moron"...then I come in here and read that I am not the only one that feels like its impossible....And just reading the comments and words from all of you gets me motivated again (even if its for just a day). I am so close to starting this tank it is killing me. I may have to run in the PS/NA class as I dont know if I will get the fogger finished. It wont be painted...probably just primer...lol, but the steam comes and goes...along with the motivation!!! Now all I need is a sponser for gas and I will be set...lol. Any offers?....lmao! I hope to see you all in a few weeks!!!!!
            Your truck is one of the vehicles I look forward to seeing! Keep it up. I will too. My buddy has been emailing me trying to keep me going and I thank him. Looking forward to it.

Joe- I hope things work out for you. I would like to see your car as well.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
              Well .............................. Im close to pulling to plug and wishing all you guys the best of luck. I dont have a motor back yet and not reallly sure when it will be done. The last repair plus the trip might be a bit more than the piggy bank is going to give up. I want to make sure that if i dont go I give someone else enough oppurtunity to get ready to go.
              Don't give up!!! Do you remember what Larry Larson's car looked like 10 days before Drag Week 2008!??!??! That car was in a MILLION pieces, no engine, completely untested turbo combo, tuned at Bowling Green on the stock car track by mike Morran, and went on to win!

My junk had a ring issue DAYS before Pump Gas Drags 2006, never got a chance to run it on drag radials, installed a nitrous controller in the parking lot of the hotel in memphis, went on to be #1 qualifier, and runner up with a .00012 MOV!

Don't EVER give up!!!!! Most people around this time start talking themselves into giving up, when that's very premature, when it's the 11th hour and you've been up for 3 days straight to get the car ready as I was in 2007, and then realize you just won't have enough time to get to where you need to go in time, only THEN do you throw the towel in!

Keep digging!! Quitters never win, winners NEVER quit!!!
              Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; August 16, 2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Well .............................. Im close to pulling to plug and wishing all you guys the best of luck. I dont have a motor back yet and not reallly sure when it will be done. The last repair plus the trip might be a bit more than the piggy bank is going to give up. I want to make sure that if i dont go I give someone else enough oppurtunity to get ready to go.
                as an old shoe box driver, I was wanting to see your ride up close. ........hope it all comes together.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Sorry to hear that man... Hope the stars are aligned for you and you get good word from your motor guys...
                  sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Joe,If you dont make it who will keep watch on Jake?Seriously I hope we get to see you again this year.

Comment

Don't gimme dat shit.......I need a "Wingman"!!!
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

Who do we get the stripper money too, so get your engine done? Gift certificates to Baby Dolls
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                          Don't gimme dat shit.......I need a "Wingman"!!!
                          Now that is just going to break the piggy bank

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Who do we get the stripper money too, so get your engine done? Gift certificates to Baby Dolls
                            Without throwing out too much info you either have some insight or are a really good at guessing.

Comment

Nice. Lol
                              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Here's hopin' you can get your engine/ car together in time and fund the trip Joe. I'm really looking forward to having a bit of time on my hands and getting to see more of your car in action this year.
                                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X