Anyone Else Running out of Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Running out of Steam?

I know it is only a few weeks away, but I am running out of steam. I took a second job to have some DW money (and go fast), but it and my normal job are taking all my time to the point I don't have time to work on anything. The day job all of a sudden has me driving 2 hours one way to a job that I didn't sign up for when I hired on. When I get home at night, I have an hour with the family, then off to the second job until bedtime. I am too whooped to work on anything. No energy or time to work on the truck. LOTS of nice new parts! But no time to put them on.

Anyone else out there running out of steam?
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

forget going faster...just focus on going...then see if u can ditch one of the jobs.and be sure to take time for the family.
    63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

I'm running outa money..

steam, I still have a little left.. not much tho.

Main thing is you get to go as stated above!!
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Hang in there! Remember, every little bit is progress!!
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

keep it going man. For sure save some focus for family but you can do this!

Lots of folks have gone down to the wire on their cars for this event and even showed up there with a couple things to do and gotten help from others. Last year I showed up with a new engine and trans having only 40 minutes of run time and no track time. I ordered parts to be delivered at the hotel and worked on it in the parking lot with my Uncle and a couple other guys as they showed up at the hotel.

Keep your head up and keep plugging at it whenever you can. If we can help you when you get there let us know.
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I feel your pain, working, the heat, parts issues, and now no time. Not to mention the money holy cow.
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

ive got plenty of steam.... just about out of tme,,and running out of ideas.....i spent $2000, trying to go alittle faster,,, to only go slower,,just now getting back to where i was last year,,,should have panted the car and had the bumpers rechromed instead..

Comment

I usually only have two of the three steam, time, or money lol.

I am going to track test this weekend. I have to do a test load to see if I can haul all my stuff without it dragging the bumper on the road. If not I will call Calvert and order a taller set of mono springs.

This will be my first drag week and I am pumped.
                1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

no money, time or steam.
                  used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                    no money, time or steam.
                    Paul. at least you still have your striking good looks,
                    Dustin, in Cincinnati

Comment

just got a little "re-charge" of steam.......drove the old truck for the first time in 7 months. The wait was well worth it. handling better than I thought it would, but not sure if the gas stations will be close enough. (speaking of charge..........hate to see this month's statement)
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
                        Paul. at least you still have your striking good looks,
                        Nope, the cobra took that away too!. I did work on it tonight untill I noticed the rt rear nitto drag radial is flat. nice big screw in the tread pattern...
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

I was feeling real good till I went to the track sunday and the best I could muster was a 9.99@135 leaving on 30% in the progressive...contemplating buying a set of slicks / rims and giving up on trying to hook on the radials.
                          Last edited by slimbo5; August 14, 2012, 11:55 PM.
                          "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Slimbo, the New 275 M/Ts are the ticket!
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'm trying to keep the faith, and stay on task. Every little bit helps. The Visa bill is going to hurt, but you have to pay to play, and I haven't played in a long time!
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X