Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1320 video not allowed to cover drag week this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1320 video not allowed to cover drag week this year!

Wow! The loss of publicity for the event is gonna be huge.
    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Whoa! Chad said he wasn't going to be there either. Though Bruab is supposed to be the travelling announcer.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

No bang shift coverage either?

Comment

Did somebody forget the payola?

Not "ALLOWED" ? WTF? Can I take my camera phone?
        Last edited by Beagle; August 19, 2012, 08:29 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My guess is hot rod is gonna film and air their own coverage via the YouTube channel. And possibly sell a DVD.

Comment

I heard the speed channel was going to involved this year somehow. Probably has something to do with their contract.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Crap. So how are the rest of us losers who can't be there going to find out what's going on? Man, I was looking forward to the day to day coverage.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

kinda sux,but i guess we should have seen it comin when tv coverage was announced.
                63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

That does suck.......
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

Kyle's videos from the road were great. Got to see the stuff going on that you missed.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

The guys that truly put Drag Week on the map(1320 Video/BangShift) and now that their is a possibility of this thing being huge its worth it for the powers to be to actually make an effort to give it some internet coverage. Thats quite disappointing to hear, I know Kyle has a real job and the video stuff is just a passion. Why not have those guys comeout and still provide coverage under the Hot Rod umbrella.

Comment

Why would you dance with the one that brung ya?

sigh.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
                          The guys that truly put Drag Week on the map(1320 Video/BangShift) and now that their is a possibility of this thing being huge its worth it for the powers to be to actually make an effort to give it some internet coverage. Thats quite disappointing to hear, I know Kyle has a real job and the video stuff is just a passion. Why not have those guys comeout and still provide coverage under the Hot Rod umbrella.
                          The politics of big business . There were lawyers involved...........
                          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                            The politics of big business . There were lawyers involved...........
                            I get it, I run a business. I would just hope there would be a good way to still involve those folks. Just like they do with the photographers that they buy pictures from for articles. The guys like Chad and Kyle get the real meat of the race. You can feel the passion they have for the event just talking to them or listening to their interviews. I can tell you as a spectator I felt like I was there between the coverage by 1320/BankgShift. I can't speak for last year because I was doing the event .
                            Last edited by Joe Barry; August 20, 2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Chad and Kyle will be missed. Did my first DW in 2009, about 115 cars, very small group. It felt like a family event. DW has now gotin big, almost too big. It is what it is, and there is nothing like DW out there. I still plan on running DW for years to come. Guess we will see if this change is for the good or not.
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X