Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1320 video not allowed to cover drag week this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I "Long Hauled" with the lawnchair racers in 2009. Didn't care for it much. What I loved about DW last year is how personal it was. I talked to HotRod staff, almost everyday. Got to see each and every car........if this turns into another "Power Tour" not too sure how interesting it is going to be.

Not that I think Power Tour is bad, it just isn't for me...
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

I want to use it for benchmarking. 13's last year, shooting for 12's this year, and I'll see if I can eek 11's next year, etc.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Kyle was doing the "real life documentary" thing as far back as 2005.

Ever since then, others have been chasing the standard he's set. Take a look at all the "online video" stuff that's come about, all after Kyle started doing well selling CDs and making daily updates.

Congrats to Kyle for setting the standard that all these other operations are attempting to follow or better. his down to earth account of "what's going on at Drag Week" will be missed, and I doubt that even the high dollar TV crews will be able to match his coverage.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Well put Scott.......
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

if speed gets involved,i hope hot rod makes sure it stays a documentary and not a drama.
            63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

It is sad to see that Kyle will not be able to be a part of the event this year. To be clear, we were looking forward to collaborating with Kyle and 1320video again because we think the world of them. We always love linking back and forth between each others content because it gives all of you readers the best experience possible if you can't be there.

With that said, BangShift was told that we were allowed to be there as long as we only shot photos and provided links to Hot Rod coverage on BangShift. These are not unreasonable requests, but at this time we felt that we wouldn't be able to bring you the coverage you have come to expect from us on Drag Week and so we are not attending. I was not going to be able to attend anyway because of a previous video commitment, but we were working with other BangShift contributors to make sure we had coverage you have come to expect. Given Hot Rod's increased attention to this event it would not surprise me if no outside editorial media was allowed at any other Drag Week in the future. The good news is that maybe I can get my junk together in time to actually go out and race at Drag Week again next year. We'll see.

With regards to the Speed involvement. It's Speed. It will be the same as all their other stuff.
              Last edited by BangShiftChad; August 20, 2012, 10:36 AM.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

One other thing. Major thanks to guys like Joe Barry, Larry Larson, Paul Whalen, Bubba, and every other monkey that we've met on Drag Week. You guys are the best and we appreciate all the support, encouragement, and praise.

We know that you know that we do this because it's the right thing to do and we are passionate about it. Not because it gets us rich. LOL

Comment

Besides The awesome coverage chad is a cool guy and the fact that these guys won't be there takes away from the event......suckage.
                  Last edited by slimbo5; August 20, 2012, 10:48 AM.
                  "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                    It is sad to see that Kyle will not be able to be a part of the event this year. To be clear, we were looking forward to collaborating with Kyle and 1320video again because we think the world of them. We always love linking back and forth between each others content because it gives all of you readers the best experience possible if you can't be there.

With that said, BangShift was told that we were allowed to be there as long as we only shot photos and provided links to Hot Rod coverage on BangShift. These are not unreasonable requests, but at this time we felt that we wouldn't be able to bring you the coverage you have come to expect from us on Drag Week and so we are not attending. I was not going to be able to attend anyway because of a previous video commitment, but we were working with other BangShift contributors to make sure we had coverage you have come to expect. Given Hot Rod's increased attention to this event it would not surprise me if no outside editorial media was allowed at any other Drag Week in the future. The good news is that maybe I can get my junk together in time to actually go out and race at Drag Week again next year. We'll see.

With regards to the Speed involvement. It's Speed. It will be the same as all their other stuff.
                    "PINKS" comes to mind immediately..........guess this means no strippers and ice cream this year......
                    Team Clueless
                    1st Place SB/NA DW12
                    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                      "PINKS" comes to mind immediately..........guess this means no strippers and ice cream this year......
                      It just means you have to "look" serious when you are talking smack to Jeff
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

thatz exactly what came to mind here too.the production crews at those shows were cool sometimes,but none of em knew come here from sick em about the racing.and it really complicated staging at times.

Comment

I'm not sure if I know how to look "serious"......Hmmm, Ill work on that......Can I be serious and still wear a dress?
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                            Besides The awesome coverage chad is a cool guy and the fact that these guys won't be there takes away from the event......suckage.
                            Thanks Slimbo. You know I dig that damn car of yours. How quick will it be this year?

Chad

Comment

Also, I'm working on some details and will have stuff for you guys next week on how to send your photos from Drag Week to us here. I will also make arrangements to get decals to the event so you can pick them up if anyone wants to run BangShift decals on their cars.

Comment

if they come by with the camera,ill just turn my back and flash the big BS logo on the back of my new tshirt..and i also ordered decals last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X