Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1320 video not allowed to cover drag week this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, but it's home! It's definitely a 20 footer, and needs a final buffing in a couple days after some time letting the clear coat cure, but I'm happy (and I got to drive it today!).
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

awesome....congrats on new paint.all my stuff is more like 50 footers.lol

less worry in parkin lots that way.
      63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
        I thought you were going to the yb nats instead bob?
        NAAAA
        You Guys need Adult Supervision

I wouldn't miss this
        There's enough Drama to keep me interested "Who's Breaking the Rules"
        the impound area = doesnt that mean THEY think u are breaking the rules?

I did lie to Squirrel through
        i ordered more 2 tires and wheels for trailer and will be trailing 56 to Tulsa
        56 is running too sweet and i want to beable to do the North East Rod Run when i get back home

I am coming back to Win Daily Driver (the class that Drag Races each other for Tee Shirt)
        Bob

My First Horsepower

Comment

love the sound of this post bob.keep that spirit.

btw-u may want to shoot for runner up.lol
          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Well, sounds like I won't be paying much attention to Drag Week this year. Last year was awesome. For some reason everything Hot Rod and Speedvision ever touch regarding video coverage of a race misses the mark. Usually too much added drama that misses the REAL drama that's already there. And too host-centric. Oh well, hopefully there will be good coverage of the YB Nats.
            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I echo Chad's comments on Kyle and the work he produces. It is beyond awesome and his stuff regularly reminds me how badly I suck at getting video of anything. Kyle and I were the only two outside media people on DW2005. I was there covering the event for CompetitionPlus.com as an "emebedded" reporter and Kyle was doing his killer video work with the Parish truck and covering the event in general. I think there were 50 something cars that year. DW2005 was also the first time I met Chad and weirdly, three years later we went into business with BangShift. Pretty wild. Between watching Atwell swap the lifter in his Hemi dart in a gas station parking lot in Ohio, chatting with the Korth brothers who were just happy to be there enjoying the week, riding in Larson's car when it still had the iron lung on it, and sitting in the room when the debate raged over the most infamous couple minutes of footage Kyle ever shot, it was one of the great weeks of my gearhead life. (Hey...who has that $100 bill, anyway...everyone in the room signed it).

As best I know there will be a live video feed every day. Dustin Gould, who is a friend of ours will be the dude behind the camera on the feed and he'll do a good job. Am I saying this because I think it will replace the work that Kyle has done? No. Just wanting to answer the question.

As far as BS coverage, we should have photos and stuff each day. I'll be in the tower during racing and hopefully BS'ing with you dudes (and dudettes) at night getting the good stories from the day so we can keep people up on what's going on. I'll also have stickers with me if anyone wants one to slap on their car. We've heard an average of 2 tenths improvement with each sticker. I'd recommend installing 10 of them.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've spectated on '09 and '10. Hope to join you all for a few this year too. I know the coverage thing sucks. But on a positive note,,,, why not take this opportunity for every to fly the BS colors for all to see. I mean at least 2' stickers on each quarter, and BS- DW shirts on every body, as we Forum Freaks do on PT. Or BS parachutes, great TV coverage. BRIAN????
                Last edited by Bigbuds1; August 26, 2012, 06:29 PM.
                Living the dream!

Comment

BS Chutes would RULE!!!!
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                    BS Chutes would RULE!!!!
                    Some say that a BS chute would rip the back half off of Chad's wagon . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      I'll also have stickers with me if anyone wants one to slap on their car. We've heard an average of 2 tenths improvement with each sticker. I'd recommend installing 10 of them.

Brian
                      10 BS stickers . . . cheaper than a 75-shot. A BS body wrap might be what it takes to beat Larson . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Manifestospeed View Post
                        10 BS stickers . . . cheaper than a 75-shot. A BS body wrap might be what it takes to beat Larson . . . .
                        I got a chuckle out of that... Don't tell Larson or he'll wrap his twice, LOL!

I was just chatting with Larson in Topeka on Saturday. There's a group of Aussies with an Australian Charger (right hand drive) finishing up the car at Larson's shop. It may well be a contender this year on Drag Week. The thing looks BITCHIN!

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

any word on the car coming from england?

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing the Aussie Charger. Chad told me about that one a little while back when Larry clued him in.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                              any word on the car coming from england?
                              Yes, there is a car coming from England. No, it is not the Rolls. Yes, it is freaking cool as hell and it will probably be the only one in America for the time that it is here.

Sworn to secrecy.

Comment

Bwahahahahaha.............We are ready to rock!!! Thanks Kyle!!!

Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X