Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1320 video not allowed to cover drag week this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lun40119
    replied
    Well put Scott.......

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Kyle was doing the "real life documentary" thing as far back as 2005.

Ever since then, others have been chasing the standard he's set. Take a look at all the "online video" stuff that's come about, all after Kyle started doing well selling CDs and making daily updates.

Congrats to Kyle for setting the standard that all these other operations are attempting to follow or better. his down to earth account of "what's going on at Drag Week" will be missed, and I doubt that even the high dollar TV crews will be able to match his coverage.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I want to use it for benchmarking. 13's last year, shooting for 12's this year, and I'll see if I can eek 11's next year, etc.

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    My wife and I "Long Hauled" with the lawnchair racers in 2009. Didn't care for it much. What I loved about DW last year is how personal it was. I talked to HotRod staff, almost everyday. Got to see each and every car........if this turns into another "Power Tour" not too sure how interesting it is going to be.

Not that I think Power Tour is bad, it just isn't for me...

Leave a comment:

• TomV8
    replied
    Chad and Kyle will be missed. Did my first DW in 2009, about 115 cars, very small group. It felt like a family event. DW has now gotin big, almost too big. It is what it is, and there is nothing like DW out there. I still plan on running DW for years to come. Guess we will see if this change is for the good or not.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Joe Barry
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
    The politics of big business . There were lawyers involved...........
    I get it, I run a business. I would just hope there would be a good way to still involve those folks. Just like they do with the photographers that they buy pictures from for articles. The guys like Chad and Kyle get the real meat of the race. You can feel the passion they have for the event just talking to them or listening to their interviews. I can tell you as a spectator I felt like I was there between the coverage by 1320/BankgShift. I can't speak for last year because I was doing the event .
    Last edited by Joe Barry; August 20, 2012, 08:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Whalen
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
    The guys that truly put Drag Week on the map(1320 Video/BangShift) and now that their is a possibility of this thing being huge its worth it for the powers to be to actually make an effort to give it some internet coverage. Thats quite disappointing to hear, I know Kyle has a real job and the video stuff is just a passion. Why not have those guys comeout and still provide coverage under the Hot Rod umbrella.
    The politics of big business . There were lawyers involved...........

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Why would you dance with the one that brung ya?

sigh.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Barry
    replied
    The guys that truly put Drag Week on the map(1320 Video/BangShift) and now that their is a possibility of this thing being huge its worth it for the powers to be to actually make an effort to give it some internet coverage. Thats quite disappointing to hear, I know Kyle has a real job and the video stuff is just a passion. Why not have those guys comeout and still provide coverage under the Hot Rod umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    Kyle's videos from the road were great. Got to see the stuff going on that you missed.

Leave a comment:

• lun40119
    replied
    That does suck.......

Leave a comment:

• moparman63
    replied
    kinda sux,but i guess we should have seen it comin when tv coverage was announced.

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied
    Crap. So how are the rest of us losers who can't be there going to find out what's going on? Man, I was looking forward to the day to day coverage.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I heard the speed channel was going to involved this year somehow. Probably has something to do with their contract.

Leave a comment:

• slimbo5
    replied
    My guess is hot rod is gonna film and air their own coverage via the YouTube channel. And possibly sell a DVD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X