The route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The route

Just an estimate since obviously I don't know the route. Looks like the last day will be the back breaker.

Tulsa-Ennis. 286 miles

Ennis-Gilliam 204 miles

Gilliam-Memphis 323

Memphis-Tulsa 404
    "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

at least the long leg is on the day with the most travel time.
    63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

That would be the late day we have to give it time to start raining, thats got to go down in history as the
      Blunder of 2011. Wait all day till the rain starts when you knew it was coming.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        That would be the late day we have to give it time to start raining, thats got to go down in history as the
        Blunder of 2011. Wait all day till the rain starts when you knew it was coming.

It was actually a secret Hot Rod conspiracy to keep moparman63 from tearing the DD class a new one with his ninja bracket racing skills.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Jeff...........don't bring up that rain!!! I am still butt-hurt about that!!!
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

i guess it worked out for bulletproof.lol

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
              Just an estimate since obviously I don't know the route. Looks like the last day will be the back breaker.

Tulsa-Ennis. 286 miles

Ennis-Gilliam 204 miles

Gilliam-Memphis 323

Memphis-Tulsa 404
              I don't know if anybody else is doing this, but I plan on making the Memphis-Tulsa trip over two days... Since racing doesn't begin till 4pm Friday, I plan to finish the drive Friday morning. It should make it a little more of a relaxing drive and I will be in no hurry to leave Memphis.

Comment

I hope I am still running, and can make a choice LOL
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  I hope I am still running, and can make a choice LOL
                  Yeah me too, would rather try and drive to make it than wait and have something happen too far away, isnt check in friday early like other days or is it late?
                  Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                  Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                  Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                  Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

3 on fri.

Comment

yea, I'd rather make sure I made it back on time.. Ya never know if/when you might break down!!

hopefully none of us!!
                      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

keith fox in the model a gasser got the worst of the rain out,,he and i where a 10th apart on thursday,,he was faster on friday,,,but they called it....

Comment

ya....thats what im talkin about.both cars are badass.u gotta take em the way you get em in this deal.

Comment

the 400 mile trip, I'm gonna have to work half a day at the Quicky Mart to pay for gas. Hope I make it that far. Apu is counting on me.

400 miles is an asswhip for me in a nice car... I might take a swing at the tree out of spite. haha. j/k.
                            Last edited by Beagle; August 24, 2012, 05:18 PM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Interesting idea, is there any place midway between Memphis and Tulsa that we'd actually want to stay? Jake?
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X