No announcement yet.

The route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not know the actual route and I know you guys won't want to add any extra wear and tear to yourselves or your cars...BUT...you'll only add 80 miles to the trip if you swing up to check out George Ray's Wildcat Drag Strip on the way from Memphis to Tulsa. George Ray's is by far the coolest drag strip on planet Earth. Could be a once in a lifetime shot for some to see it in person.

Just being the devil on your shoulder.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      I do not know the actual route and I know you guys won't want to add any extra wear and tear to yourselves or your cars...BUT...you'll only add 80 miles to the trip if you swing up to check out George Ray's Wildcat Drag Strip on the way from Memphis to Tulsa. George Ray's is by far the coolest drag strip on planet Earth. Could be a once in a lifetime shot for some to see it in person.

Just being the devil on your shoulder.
      Thanks for that info.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Got me.......We will be going straight from Memphis to Tulsa........Heck, it is less of a run than Amarillo to Tulsa last year.....
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

did y'all go down 40 ? There are some serious cow patty roads in that part of the world. I'm trying to figure out Tulsa to Ennis, there's some jacked up roads here too. I think they are all paved, though.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

40??? lol ya right.we got i 40 for about 10-20 miles i think.being our first year last year,there were a couple times that me and my brother both just cracked up.just wonderin how long it took em to find those screwed up routes.lol
            63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

yeah we were on I40 for a while......IIRC about 85 miles. I don't think my tach ever went below 4200rpm. We was truckin!!!

Say Hi to Doc, and I 40.......

Pretty sure this is I40 too......from Randal's perspective.
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

there are parts of East Texas where the directions include "Turn right at the big rock out by Hackernanny's old place..." and are not in GPS because the pine trees nuke the signal. I'm actually concerned about the path to Shreveport... Gun Barrel City... errr. lol.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm not worried about texas, its the trip accross Arkansas off I-40 that concerns me lol.
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    did y'all go down 40 ? There are some serious cow patty roads in that part of the world. I'm trying to figure out Tulsa to Ennis, there's some jacked up roads here too. I think they are all paved, though.
                    IIRC some of the nav devices have warnings for bad or poorly maintained roads. These adivisories are the guides for Michelle or whomever else gets the pleasure of doing the pre-run to create the driving instructions.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Ha! I'm the guy sweating the track, the roads are cake, I'll have 1,200 miles between Fri and Sat on the car before the week begins! It'll be interesting if the longest trip get's longer by 80 miles and hot rod has Wildcat's drag strip as a stop.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have no direct knowledge of the route, but it sure would seem like an interesting check point!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

if that is a stop i hope they are open that way we can make some hits

Comment

That would be cool, trailers and all.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                              I'm not worried about texas, its the trip accross Arkansas off I-40 that concerns me lol.
                              this bothers me too..

Comment

Id bet they have us hop back and forth from I-40 to Hwys 70 and 67.They did something similar in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X