It's official, not going to make it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official, not going to make it!

As of last Thursday I am officially out of Drag Week. To say I am disappointed is an understatement, this would have been my 6th., and their is not a better way to spend a week anywhere!! The car is ready to go, everything working (even the horn), nitrous filled, race gas bought, new helmet and firesuit, new belts and new cert.
    The company that I work with has asked that I attend a meeting at the Pentagon with the Secr. of the Navy to discuss a major purchase of the equipment I train on. For some reason my boss can't understand that a "car trip" could interfere!

Best of luck to all you maniac's, be safe and have a ball, see you next year.
    DocFox

Damn the security of the nation, there's race'in to be done!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

man,thats gonna be different.your car is the first i think of when dragweek is mentioned.but,as you said about your boss,most folks just dont understand.see you next year,i hope.
      63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Really hate to hear that. Was looking forward to seeing you and the Vette, both icons of DW. Hope to see you in 2014.
        Tom Franks

Comment

Well that sucks.

Pentagon, eh? With a screenname like "drilr", I always thought you were a dentist. Lol
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I thought oil tycoon or really big of the Houston Oilers. Hmmm.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

sorry to hear it.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Doc. You are an Icon of Drag Week and will be missed.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

That sucks. Another reason just making it to DW is harder then people think.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

still bumming, but I get it. I double/triple checked my vacation already, keep having a bad dream that they yanked it. I pointed this car out to Monica as an example of the lunacy, maybe they will last minute reschedule like "they" are sometimes known to do.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Very sorry also Doc, Maybe you could invite the Sec of Navy to go with you on DW. He would'nt feel any diff that a F16 being catapulted off a carrier!!!!!!!!! Vince. Good luck with purchase.
                      First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                      Second place SSBBNA 2016
                      Third place SSBBNA 2017
                      Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                      All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Have Doc write you a Note. Call in sick
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Have Doc write you a Note. Call in sick
                          *cough* *cough* Been following Jake down the highway *cough*
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Going to mis you
                            and the VETTE
                            bob

Comment

major bummer. good luck with the meeting, that's no small task either...
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X