No announcement yet.

Inform the announcer thread -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Blankenship, '81 Corvette, SBC, Scat Forged Crank and Rods, Probe Pistons, Edelbrock Heads, Comp Cam, Quick Fuel Carb, Wilson Plate, Extreme Automatics 200R-4 Trans, PTC converter, TrackDog 3.73 IRS.

Comment

Like some stupid dog that gets sprayed by a skunk one day, and chases it again the next, I am returning to Drag Week after my heroic one day and out performance last year. The following expressions apply:

"Thank-you sir, may I have another?"

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

"How do you make a small fortune drag racing? Start with a large fortune."

I will be returning with my 69 Shelby clone, 577" SOHC, Hilborn injector setup converted to EFI, and slip'nslide, running in the Modified class. Hopefully the engine will not leak water into the oil after 50 miles on the road like it did last year. I have also changed to double adjustable rear shocks, so that Jeff McKC will talk to me.

As further proof of my masochistic nature, I will also be bringing a second car, my 69 Mach 1, 530" high riser, sheet metal intake, and C-4, running in BB/NA. Last year's trunk monkey will be driving this car, even though he already blew the rear end gears out of it once (proof of my forgiving nature). He is looking forward to a nice view of CDMBill's taillights.

Us FE guys are slow learners...

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        Careful Jeff, remember what you say may get repeated over a track's PA.....
        Clearly these guys have never learned the, "guy with the mic knows and rules all" law.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I know of this law, I know RON, and some day I will have my revenge over the nickname he gave me!

Comment

Vince Rasch, 8th Drag Week, Made the distance in all cept 1 year, Hope I can still say that Sept 21st. 69 FireBird, 3500#, 535 ci Pontiac, 2004r built by Extreme Auto and PTS, 12 bolt Moser w/Caltracs. SSBBNA.
            First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017
            Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
            All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              hI AM jEFF mY FAVORITE COLOR IS CLEAR, i LIKE EARLY 80'S hAIR bANDS, AND WALKS ON THE bEACH IN THE mOON lIGHT, WITH MY nEXT ex. ( jAKES wIFE) That is all.

me liKum dEm roAst bEeF saMiChes......
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

BangShifter. Now comes respect!
                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

NOW! Maybe a Chirper forever
                  Last edited by BlackGTO; September 5, 2012, 09:12 AM.
                  Second place SSBBNA 2016
                  Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

67 Mustang - was full of stereo equipment (hence cloth sunroof) until I met the wrong guy and got into drag racing. An engine rebuild quickly escalated into the full back half treatment in 2004 and here we are.

Engine is a bit of an odd combo for street but I picked it up from a friend on a deal and made the best of it. Old school 351w stroker - 429w via 400M offset ground crank. SVO N351 heads, 11.6 compression, solid roller w/ cam from Cam Research. Performance Automatic Super Comp C-4, PTC 3600 stall, and Gear Vendors. 9" with 4.22 out back.

When I grow up I want to have a big block like BBR and CDMBill.

And yeah yeah Jake, I know...Mustangs are gay.
                    Last edited by Dignlif; September 5, 2012, 09:28 AM.
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                      67 Mustang - was full of stereo equipment (hence cloth sunroof) until I met the wrong guy and got into drag racing. An engine rebuild quickly escalated into the full back half treatment in 2004 and here we are.

Engine is a bit of an odd combo for street but I picked it up from a friend on a deal and made the best of it. Old school 351w stroker - 429w via 400M offset ground crank. SVO N351 heads, 11.6 compression, solid roller w/ cam from Cam Research. Performance Automatic Super Comp C-4, PTC 3600 stall, and Gear Vendors. 9" with 4.22 out back.

When I grow up I want to have a big block like BBR and CDMBill.

And yeah yeah Jake, I know...Mustangs are gay.
                      I also like eggos......leggo ma eggo.......
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

So Brian are you getting the car numbers early so you can put all this useful/useless together. See you scrambling in the booth.

"Here Comes Jake, he wants a sammich, No wait, its Jeff, and he likes... um cannot mention that."
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Nah Neal, but I should have it organized in a format where I can reference it quick when cars are rolling up. After the first day, I should have lots of info, but I needed some to have a clue on day one. I still will sound like I have no clue, but you get where I am going. HA!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, I will tell you about Tom Taylor. He's in the medium blue 79 Nova. Ran DD last year, but used to run SB/NA in the past.

Had planned on a different engine combo this year, but the blower had to go back for some warranty work.

427 sbc dart block, AFR 230cc head, really big dished pistons 9:1(look like diesel pistons). 6" rods, solid roller cam (blower cam).

Realizing no time for another engine build on short notice. (5 days before DW) Bought a super victor intake, port matched it, and threw on the 800 Dbl pmpr..

TH 350, 3500 stall, ten bolt GM rear.

Ran high tens at HPT last Saturday!! So looks like DD again this year..

Dan
                            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

black and silver 53 ford 2 door sedan gasser,,, 383 sbc ,6" rods,dart 215 heads,solid cam,comp roller rockers,750 holley ultra hp.,aeromotive ss pumps,350 turbo trans 3500 coan stall, transgo stage 2 kit, 9'' ford 411 gears detroit locker,explorer disc.
                              has a s10 front clip with fabtech 3'' lift spindles,caltrac bars on the rear.

Comment

Mine is a black 97 Cobra Mustang, 4.6l DOHC 32v. Forged internals, Inter-cooled 76mm turbo- 15 psi, F.A.S.T. efi, t-56. This will be my 7th DW if I can sell a kidney....
                                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X