• Show
Clear All

Yes 602 481 9162
    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

This will be our 4th DW. The wife and I are returning with our 67 lemans Covertible,
      460BBC, 1974 smog motor low comp, roller cam, built from a 1989 HRM article. Refreshed last year.
      Tremec 5 SPD, 3:90 12 bolt, 3" exhaust.
      New features this year!
      A crack free clutch fork that allows 2nd or 3rd or 4th to be found in a hurry with the loud pedal still on the floor.
      20 fewer degrees of timing because it just seems healthier at 35 degrees instead of 55.
      A roll bar because it might drop into the 11.00-13.50 area
      And a trailer hitch. I know that last one is pretty exciting!

can't wait
      CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
      Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
      All in the same car

Comment

I will fly Amsterdam - Chicago on Tuesday 15th to chime in as spectator at GLD and Cordova.
        See y'all there.
        www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

My name is Adam Hodson from New Haven, Indiana. This is my 2nd drag week, i also participated in daily driver in 2013. This year i am running SRSPPA

Car - 1973 Camaro Z28
          Engine - Stock bottom end 5.3 (117,000 on the motor, 7,000 miles and 180 passes since the install)
          PA - BW S475 1.32 AR, Truck manifold hotside
          Trans - th400 w/ 4,000 rpm Precision Converter
          Rearend - Stock 8.5" 10 bolt (welded axle tubes, strange 31 spline axles, C clip elims, spool, and TA performance cover)
          Suspension - Front - Stock with 90/10 shocks Rear - Calvert Split Mono's, Caltrac Bars, QA1 single adj shocks, Sliders, stock sway bar
          Fuel - Holley HP EFI, Holley 120 lb injectors, Holley Twin billet pump

The car weights 3780 w/driver and has been a best of 9.44 @ 144 w/1.48 60'
          You saw the car at the LSX shootout in Norwalk a few weeks ago, but because of my sloppy hand writing you kept announcing the car had a 513 cu in bbc lol.

1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
          2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

Hey Brian !
            I shall be in whatever POS the rental Co. give me at O`Hare....but after flying 4,400 miles I hope not to be to tired to choose something to slooooow.............
            Gotta have something to stick my go-pro`s to when cruising with the Big Boys .........

Comment

Pink Mustang with a F-Cam and ram air :P
              Attached Files

Comment

1966 Chevelle, 58,000 mile survivor. Mostly original except drivetrain. Home built 423 small block, gm block, afr heads. Column shifted th400,5000 converter and 3.10 9" with a spool. Has gone 11.18 on motor. Daily driver winner 2009 and 2010 also spirit of Dragweek 2009. Looking to keep the spirit alive with another daily driver victory!

Comment

Fellow Masshole checking in... I bought the car in 2003 a week before i graduated high school, on a rainy night, a friend who had his dealer plate on it crashed it into a jersey barrier that first night and it has been all roses and daffodils ever since...

Jeff Sias
                  427" SBF Built by PK Machine, in Fitchburg(the only reason to ever go to fitchburg)
                  Trick Flow High Ports
                  Solid Roller cam
                  CHI 4.0 Intake
                  4500 flange accufab throttle body
                  Holley EFI
                  Ace powerforce single disc clutch
                  Liberty LSC5100 transmission with Vertical Gate Shifter
                  Built 8.8 rear end with 3.27 crusin geaz

Glad to hear you will be back on the mic this year Brian!
                  -Jeff
                  Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                  I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Unfortunately, I was unable to get my car ready for Drag Week. My friends and family have helped me so much this year to help me get my car ready, only to have my car at "Shop Prison" with the wiring unfinished. Since, my friends and I have already taken off work, paid for a couple non refundable hotels, and put in so much work to make it, we decided to bring "The Race Car" a 2008 Honda fit packing a whopping 1.5L of fury. I hope I don't keep a spot from someone that has their act together and will possibly pull the car from competition if it does so. I look forward to meeting you guys and if anyone needs help please let us know.

Race Car

StreetCar

Comment

• 61 Ford Falcon 514 BBF Straight Axle, C6 with a Midwest Converters TQ, ladders, sliders & leafs, 9 inch with 4:30's, Cast Iron hogged out Interceptor heads, pair of 660's on a Weiand tunnel ram that I spent 8 hours removing material from. There is one pound of gold flake in the paint, there is also one green flake in the paint find it and you may win a prize..... This is the first time the car has had rear tires with tread. Car weighs 3250 with me in it, will weigh about 3500 once my ride along buddy "Tiny" gets in.
                      Car runs high 10's low 11's weather permitting. Car was originally going to be a show car occasional drag car but shows just are not that fun once you go to the track.

Comment

• I'm on plan C now... on my way there now with the daily driver V6 Mustang. The GTO just refused to cooperate again this year springing inaccessible brake line leaks and a failed rear main seal last night. The Mustang is all stock, 3.9L V6 5 spd with the wheels and drag tires from my (too quick without a roll bar) SVT Cobra convert. I hope to break into the 15 second zone!

Comment

• Hello Brian
                          I didnt want to post on here until we got there and made it thru tech. I'm from England, been trying to figure out how to do drag week for the last 11 years. I am not sure how I did it, but I'm here with my wife, daughter, and good friend Ken who I bought my race car in the UK from 6 years ago. I bought a 67 Camaro in Maryland a year ago and with a good deal of help from the previous owner am here. We couldnt figure out how to arrange transport to the event to set off from MD last Tuesday and drove the car roughly 950 miles to the event, 200 miles a day. I passed tech and did my first test and tune run tonight. Hope I make it for the rest of the week will have to see. Its a stock body car with a Dart block BBC 509 ci with BMF heads and a Super T-10 4-speed and a Hurst Ram Rod (Vertical gate) shifter. Shifter took a bit of getting used to but I quite like it now. I'm loving it all so far. Met some great people today, i'm living the dream :-)

Comment

• Welcome Tim - have fun mate.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Correction- Jeffrey Ferguson is not George Gallimore's engine guy- he is the chassis guy on that car. Jeffrey owns JF Hot Rods in Water Valley, MS and does some nice work. Look him up on Facebook.
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                              X