401 Miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 401 Miles!

WOW, 401 miles from Memphis to Tulsa and that's even before DF got a hold of the map and turned it into a Scavenger Hunt, what a test of man and machine! Here's hoping that everyone makes the trip safely and without any major carnage or difficulty, also thanks to all of you for putting on a great show for the rest of us that are sitting here glued to the Internet and wishing we were there.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

We made it to Tulsa around 10:30pm, they took pity on us - the route was almost entirely interstate 40.

My head is reeling from hours of open window turbo muffler droning goodness - and I've never understood the need for overdrive more than I do right now, but we've made it!

One more day and we can say we've completed our first drag week.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

just rolled in to tulsa. Thank god for the T56 double overdrive trans. But that meant JoeyG and I cruised about 80-85 most of the
      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Larry & Lutz both make it to Tulsa....?
        Jim T
        Supercar Collectibles
        www.Supercar1.com

Comment

From what I can tell about the route I don't think they drove this section. The flew out of Memphis and played on the Internet to get the checkpoints lol. I ran 3500-3800 rpm all the way from Memphis. I stood on i40 twice while waiting on traffic jams also lol. I did a brief stint at 4500-5000 rpm to pass some drag weekers having trouble with directions so I got us all to the last check point.

The car gets the valves lashed this morning, it sounds like a thrashing machine.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Glad to hear you guy are making it without toooo
            many issues...... last day.... congrats to all

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              We made it to Tulsa around 10:30pm, they took pity on us - the route was almost entirely interstate 40.

My head is reeling from hours of open window turbo muffler droning goodness - and I've never understood the need for overdrive more than I do right now, but we've made it!

One more day and we can say we've completed our first drag week.
              I'm glad to hear the route was relatively easy and direct, on the first Drag Week I drove from KCIR to Gateway with open headers, I could hear again the next day though.
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

It was interstate, but it was UPHILL all the way!!!!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

no kidding... I was saying that to Monica yesterday. Look, big hills! Wait, where'd they go? Oh yeah, we are on top of them. Doh.

The come to a complete stop for 10 minutes was fun, hope that didn't catch everyone.
                  Last edited by Beagle; September 14, 2012, 07:15 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Got in around 1:30 or 2. Stopping along the way to enjoy on last evening of Drag Week "road side picnics"
                    Besides, the check in photo looks better with rain.
                    Hope to (and need to) run today. Found out yesterday what does not work, want to try tune 5. (one per day)
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Larry waited out the rain just arrived
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Lutz is at the Best Western in Tulsa, seen him wrenching on the 57 under a canopy in the RAIN....

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          Larry waited out the rain just arrived
                          good news
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                          X