Saturday DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
    I "thought" Lutz was just a 1/100 or so ahead of Larson coming into today and I think Larson went a 6.90 and Lutz didn't get into the 6's so going by those figures Larson had to be the winner again, that's Unlimited Championship number 5 isn't it?
    Larson is the Drag Week King regardless if he never wins it again just by virtue of the fits he has giving people trying to chase him over the last few years. He makes it seem so effortless even though I know it takes a TON of work, dedication and knowledge to get that car do what it does best: launch straight and hard! Congrats to him!!! Congrats to all the competitors also! This event shows what great comaraderie there is in this sport!

Comment

Larson had to work for it this year. He had engine problems that he was working thru at Gilliam and busted a pinion in the rear in Memphis. Oh- had a flat in Ennis on the way to the track. Not an easy year.

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Jeff Lutz part of this week. The man wants to win it so bad. I hate it for him but he gave Larson all he wanted. I saw him help out at least 4 racers before the start of the event including the guy from England and the Aussies with the Charger. The guy is a true gentleman. Hopefully next year will be his year.
      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Jeff is a Class guy, he tasted it this year for two days, then got his heart broke. He will be back.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
          Jeff is a Class guy, he tasted it this year for two days, then got his heart broke. He will be back.
          I would have ripped the bleacher apart to see him run a 6.99... I have some opinions I'm trying really hard to keep to myself on this and I think you're a class act Jeff (McKC) for not bringing up what I know you must be thinking after having the gate slammed in your face in the past.
          Last edited by Beagle; September 16, 2012, 02:38 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Have anything to do with rain?

Lutz really made Larson earn it....I thought it was a very cool shootout, even though I'm a Lutz fan.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
            X