LMAO moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO moments

I had plenty.One of the best was after the day at Gilliam was my conversation with 78 year old DD driver Bob Lash(yellow 72 Nova).Bob has been a mainstay around here and is one helluva a bracket racer.Numerous E.T finals Appearances etc.He got the Yellow Banana in the 11s.I walked over and congratulated him.His reply"I havent been in the 11s since the 1960s.I better go to bed"

See how you feel about this one ...... It wasnt a LMAO when it happened .....! Weve driven almost 1400 miles at this point .....absolutely not one problem the entire time. We are coming out of the gas station on the Muskogee turnpike , run the car up to about 70-75 mph and lean back in the seat....pulling ever so slightly on the steering wheel of the car and it falls off in to my lap. Now mind you I am doing about 70 or better when panic sets in. I try putting the wheel back on the steering shaft but cant get it on because of cancel cam, horn contact. SO.......I grab the steering shaft with my hand as we are slowly drifting towards the center divider , I am able to turn it because it has power steering, now we are headed towards the guard rail. I am able to correct it just enough to keep it off the guard and bring it to a stop half in the lane of traffic and half on the shoulder. About that time one of the guys I am traveling with blows by me and my cell phone starts ringing, the other car following me follows me to the shoulder.....It is my son ...... he starts honking at me like we need to go ....why are you stopping ????? With my left hand I stick the steering wheel out the window ....... He goes OH SHIT...... but at first he thought I was joking around. At this point I am literally unable to put the wheel back on the car .......Really wound up !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son has to put the wheel back on as I am unable to .

It is funnier than shit now .........BUT I PROMISE ......it wasnt when it happened
    TNT-Motorsports Tulsa
    Drag Week 2012 SB/NA

Comment

That works.Had a guy in a RugDoctor van nearly run me off the road between Gilliam and Memphis. Not funny then.But I know what state to go to for my eye test for my drivers license.

Comment

Another one was a drivers wife asking Jake to get make her a Sammich when he had his apron on.

Comment

It's Pepsi! ...no, Dr. Pepper...no, Sprite...
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

lol

Comment

I was watching the Aussies in impound and when they went to hook their u-haul trailer up to the car, one of them had accidentally put the hitch in upside down!! They laughed about it and one wanted to take a pic of it, but the other wanted to get to the race gas fuel pumps before it they closed.
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Talking to the driver of the Silver Aussie Charger on Sunday. They had just arrived after an all night drive (5 or 6 hrs one way) and find and install a transmission. I told him "I love your car". He said "I freaking (paraphrase) hate it"

Beautiful well executed car. Too bad he had so many problems.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

BlackGTO was on the side of the road with a couple of valve spring problems, when the UPS guy showed up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG959900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	864132
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

NOW THAT ^^^^ is service!!!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

When Brian went after me over the PA for my defective "Brand Z" nitrous kit, stickers, and Ford powerplant at Memphis, and I responded with rear window and hood-tape messages to make Brian crack up.

Comment

While crossing the street in shreveport leaving the blind tiger (after a couple 16 ounce super strong drinks) Keith (green gto drop top) responds to a guy that was yelling something from his car..... his response was "Shut up honkey - I aint talkin to you!"
                          thankfully we weren't shot or knifed, and we only had a 4 block walk home. Not funny at the time - funny as hell now.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X