Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    If you run faster than a 10.80 and dont have the Nads to enter a Heads up Class, then David will find them for you. Its just a number he picked

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    I say its not kids Soccer not everyone will go home with a Jacket.

For those who want to have the best shot the heads up class is it. Bring all you got, and hope you brought enough.
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    just start the last day earlier!!!!!
    I know it's Bangshift, but... how did we get to rollbars from here? (I know, I shoved a rail road car off the track too.)

If they're gonna bracket the DD's , start early enough to finish... and Jeff is on the money. The HotRod class was a take the stripe deal. I hope they keep that class, and I loved the winner's car. RV cam and 12's gets a jacket - Awesome. I really do love that car, hammer simple and pretty quick for what it's got. I asked after I saw it run... it's light.

(just looked that up, it's Tom, right? 79Camaro on here.)

The fast DD's were easily real DD's, an 11.0 is respectable in my world. I'm not the bracket race kind of guy but if that's where I'm gonna toss my hat in, that's what I'll have to learn to do.

I'm not sure my odds go up any in a class, if I were only in it for a jacket, I'd look at something that didn't have 90 cars in it. Something with maybe 1 other entrant. I'm not sure I'll pass a 10.0 physical, so there's that to think about.

I've wondered about the 10.80 cutoff, can somebody shed some light on that number?
    Last edited by Beagle; September 22, 2012, 06:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
    I recall that. I just don't think they've done enough to address the problem. I understand that not all agree with me.
    What is the problem you are referring to

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    doh

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    The reserve on the fresh build mustang is probably 5 digits

BIN for just under $4k

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    thread hijack anyone?

The rollbar rule is what it is. There's no need to bitch about it, you just need to figure out how to build one that meets the rule and lets you use the car the way you want to use it. I did that. No biggie.

The reserve on the fresh build mustang is probably 5 digits

I'm still waiting for some pics of your builds, then we'll all know what you're capable of. Mine are on my web page, link below.
    Last edited by squirrel; September 21, 2012, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Buy the last one. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Otherwise go immediately to jail.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
    speedster.......your point above is why nhra lowered the roll bar et a few years ago.it was 11.99 until early 2000's......then the obvious sppeeds attainable with the newer cars and bolt ons brought it down to 11.49.
    I recall that. I just don't think they've done enough to address the problem. I understand that not all agree with me.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    NHRA requires a 5 point bar. Makes life a lot easier than a 6 point.
    Which doesn't really address the problem of backseat access because it merely eliminates the passenger-side sidebar (which structurally makes less sense than what I'd propose)

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    We'd rather see you driving something besides a keyboard...and we know how much work it takes to build a car
    You seem to mistakenly infer that I don't know how much work it takes to build a car. I've built 'em, so I know the time and costs involved.

BTW, nearly everything I suggested other than the "Wacky Mick" MG or probably the gasser involves modifying something that's already started or is mostly based on a "kit" . . . which ought to be possible in the available timeframe. Not saying it would be easy or cheap, though. For example, turning a solid "roller" Fox bracket car into a running 10.80 racer over the winter certainly seems possible.

Bracket race car "cores" such as the following seem to come up for sale quite often:

It's a little harder finding suitable Pre-'48 "cores" or partially-done gassers, but they're out there.

Leave a comment:

• moparman63
    replied
    speedster.......your point above is why nhra lowered the roll bar et a few years ago.it was 11.99 until early 2000's......then the obvious sppeeds attainable with the newer cars and bolt ons brought it down to 11.49.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
    I'm not saying that it's impossible to use the back seat with a NHRA-legal six-point bar
    NHRA requires a 5 point bar. Makes life a lot easier than a 6 point.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    You just duck under the bar, and in you go. My sons have been doing it since 1997, they're all adults now.
    Hope your sons don't wear skirts . . . .

I'm not saying that it's impossible to use the back seat with a NHRA-legal six-point bar in the car. But I do contend from a technical standpoint that there are safe alternatives to a welded-in crossbar that would allow for better off-track rear seat access. As I've said before in other threads, it makes no sense from a purely technical standpoint that a safe, SCCA-legal bar/cage isn't legal for NHRA/Drag Week. Nor does it make any sense that the NHRA rules actually degrade safety by discouraging those who want to use their backseats for occupancy by persons other than gymnasts, gearheads, and adventuresome children from installing roll-over protection.

Anyone know how to petition the NHRA for a rules change? With hot OEM rides like the ZR-1 and GT500 -- that may be NHRA-illegal off the showroom floor -- and ever-shrinking e.t.s for "bolt-on" builds, the "backseat problem" isn't going away.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    We'd rather see you driving something besides a keyboard...and we know how much work it takes to build a car

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    They brought a knife (or in some cases, a Durango)
    Or a "SPORK"
    to a gun fight and know it.

My conclusion: If you're coming and want a shot, better bring a gun, because no matter how big your knife is....
    I'm shocked at how much support there is for the return of my Spork in the other thread (be sure to vote if you haven't already opined)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X