Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrel
    replied
    Looking from the outside in, the DD class this year looked fine. Good number of cars, times where they should be for a good bracket race, no one seemed to be sandbagging at the 10.80 mark. It's just the damn rain that has been screwing with the class for two years now.

And yeah it was fun watching that 56 do the job in the first round

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
    How 'bout doing away totally w/DD and the bracket race?.... DD would then run off indexes. 11:00 to 18:00, heads up, protree. Can't qualify more than 2 tenths under your index ....
    to messy IMO.

slow DD to 11.50

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    How 'bout doing away totally w/DD and the bracket race?.... DD would then run off indexes. 11:00 to 18:00, heads up, protree. Can't qualify more than 2 tenths under your index ....

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    I agree about the faster DD cars moving up. I wished I had moved up and I will next year(hopefully be faster). I figured my only chance any kind of award was to do good in the bracket race. I f'ing redlit all day saturday including first round LOL.

Leave a comment:

• moparman63
    replied
    we ask if we culd put the old pickup up into a different class with less cars.df said no.if it wasnt bigger than 431 it could not run a big block class.and of course the ss and mod classes are same way.something has to put you there.you cant just go there....only in unlimited.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
    Bob,
    Enjoyed watching you trailer the 2 time winner in the first round Saturday.

I think the faster cars in DD need to move into the various classes already established. Pro Street N/A had a 10.81 average for the third place plaque. Mod PA's 3rd place plaque went unclaimed. Mod NA I was 2nd with a 11.44, while 3rd was a no-bar car with a 11.71 average. SST BB NA was won with a 12.01, and 2nd and 3rd went unclaimed. SST SB Na was 11.08 for 3rd, SR BB PA was 12.22 for 3rd, and my daughter averaged 11.96 in DD with a car that would have fit into that class.

I think it's hard to ask for more classes when, even with 187 cars, we can't fill the ones we have.
    I would agree Bob and some of the others should join in the heads up Classes and if he can run a 9.99 for sure!

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Just how many cars do you think can run a 9.99?

Can I run 2 Classes, after running three 9.99s and a 10.12 sounds like a fun Class for one of us.........

You would be better off with a 10.0 because of all the money to get the Certs needed to run a 9.99 or over 135
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 21, 2012, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MoparBilly
    replied
    Bob,
    Enjoyed watching you trailer the 2 time winner in the first round Saturday.

I think the faster cars in DD need to move into the various classes already established. Pro Street N/A had a 10.81 average for the third place plaque. Mod PA's 3rd place plaque went unclaimed. Mod NA I was 2nd with a 11.44, while 3rd was a no-bar car with a 11.71 average. SST BB NA was won with a 12.01, and 2nd and 3rd went unclaimed. SST SB Na was 11.08 for 3rd, SR BB PA was 12.22 for 3rd, and my daughter averaged 11.96 in DD with a car that would have fit into that class.

I think it's hard to ask for more classes when, even with 187 cars, we can't fill the ones we have.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    started a topic ADD ONE INDEX CLASS....to Drag Week.............thats all

ADD ONE INDEX CLASS....to Drag Week.............thats all

One index class: (maybe 9.99 or ?)

Class for Cars and Drivers that just dont have a chance in the Classes, and dont want to go to DD.

8/16 car field on last day Heads Up Drag Racing for win.
    No stopping in pits, back to staging to Hot Lap. No electroni

Food for Thought
    Bob
    Last edited by 1956NY150; September 21, 2012, 05:54 AM.
Working...
X