ADD ONE INDEX CLASS....to Drag Week.............thats all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    I hauled some of the guys around on DW last year in my back seat, I have a 10.00 roll bar

I guess if you have a mustang, it's a different story
    How did they get in the seat? Not too many passengers want to climb around/over a crossbar (especially passengers wearing skirts).

Comment

any humans over 4'10" don't fit well in my back seat, from the factory. Anything under 4'10" can crawl under the seat belt bar anyway.

If that girl in the towel wanted in your back seat, I'm pretty sure you could probably figure out how to get her in there. haha.
      Last edited by Beagle; September 21, 2012, 10:54 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hot Rod can do whatever, but if they try to cram too much into the last day, THEY WILL FAIL.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I say its not kids Soccer not everyone will go home with a Jacket.

For those who want to have the best shot the heads up class is it. Bring all you got, and hope you brought enough.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            Hot Rod can do whatever, but if they try to cram too much into the last day, THEY WILL FAIL.
            I'm not sure if they hear you BBR - you mean... take care of business and then run your exhibition stuff? Is that what you mean? Like START EARLIER or something? I'm not sure I get what you mean...

Agreed - TCOB. I already thought the last day for DD was set in concrete at the end of day 4, quick 32 run. I thought that was a good plan - I think I misunderstood how that was supposed to come down? Allow everyone a run after the race is finished is awesome, I love that idea, but I was pretty damn frustrated on Saturday knowing it was gonna rain. I can only imagine what the guys who were playing the Bracket Race game were feeling since that is not the same game as the class cars play.
            Last edited by Beagle; September 21, 2012, 11:06 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              I say its not kids Soccer not everyone will go home with a Jacket.
              That's similar to what I wrote in the other thread on this subject:

Drag Week shouldn't be T-ball, but when virtually half the paying field is competing for 1/16th of the rewards, perhaps some new (additional) class divisions are in order
              Of course, those who put together and race competitive single-digit e.t. class cars will always be among a discrete and insular group because of the great expense, time and skill involved. Some class winners have more invested in their engines than the average DD competitors have in their whole cars

Comment

My take:

Top half (or so) of DD ---> guys expecting to make it into the final bracket race and bring a car capable of running quick enough to do so. They brought a gun to a gun fight.

Bottom half of DD ---> guys who are just along for the fun and adventure and get to make some passes at awesome tracks they might not ever have the chance to otherwise. They brought a knife (or in some cases, a Durango) to a gun fight and know it.

My conclusion: If you're coming and want a shot, better bring a gun, because no matter how big your knife is.... well, I think we have all seen Raider's of the Lost Ark....... lol

Just start the last day earlier!!!!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                  How did they get in the seat? Not too many passengers want to climb around/over a crossbar (especially passengers wearing skirts).
                  Heck TSB and Racingcritters rode in mine to dinner when they stopped in Denver.
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You just duck under the bar, and in you go. My sons have been doing it since 1997, they're all adults now.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                      They brought a knife (or in some cases, a Durango)
                      Or a "SPORK"
                      to a gun fight and know it.

My conclusion: If you're coming and want a shot, better bring a gun, because no matter how big your knife is....
                      I'm shocked at how much support there is for the return of my Spork in the other thread (be sure to vote if you haven't already opined)

Comment

We'd rather see you driving something besides a keyboard...and we know how much work it takes to build a car
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

You just duck under the bar, and in you go. My sons have been doing it since 1997, they're all adults now.
                          Hope your sons don't wear skirts . . . .

I'm not saying that it's impossible to use the back seat with a NHRA-legal six-point bar in the car. But I do contend from a technical standpoint that there are safe alternatives to a welded-in crossbar that would allow for better off-track rear seat access. As I've said before in other threads, it makes no sense from a purely technical standpoint that a safe, SCCA-legal bar/cage isn't legal for NHRA/Drag Week. Nor does it make any sense that the NHRA rules actually degrade safety by discouraging those who want to use their backseats for occupancy by persons other than gymnasts, gearheads, and adventuresome children from installing roll-over protection.

Anyone know how to petition the NHRA for a rules change? With hot OEM rides like the ZR-1 and GT500 -- that may be NHRA-illegal off the showroom floor -- and ever-shrinking e.t.s for "bolt-on" builds, the "backseat problem" isn't going away.

Comment

I'm not saying that it's impossible to use the back seat with a NHRA-legal six-point bar
                            NHRA requires a 5 point bar. Makes life a lot easier than a 6 point.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

speedster.......your point above is why nhra lowered the roll bar et a few years ago.it was 11.99 until early 2000's......then the obvious sppeeds attainable with the newer cars and bolt ons brought it down to 11.49.
                              63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

We'd rather see you driving something besides a keyboard...and we know how much work it takes to build a car
                                You seem to mistakenly infer that I don't know how much work it takes to build a car. I've built 'em, so I know the time and costs involved.

BTW, nearly everything I suggested other than the "Wacky Mick" MG or probably the gasser involves modifying something that's already started or is mostly based on a "kit" . . . which ought to be possible in the available timeframe. Not saying it would be easy or cheap, though. For example, turning a solid "roller" Fox bracket car into a running 10.80 racer over the winter certainly seems possible.

Bracket race car "cores" such as the following seem to come up for sale quite often:

It's a little harder finding suitable Pre-'48 "cores" or partially-done gassers, but they're out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X