ADD ONE INDEX CLASS....to Drag Week.............thats all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    None of the classes run against another car, I say its way harder to run the best ET at aeach track by far then fender race. In a bracket race your not trying to out run the guy next to you, your trying to not breakout.You can cut the better light and lose 10 differrent ways. Its racing but not racing the other guy as some guys seem to think. At least if the other guy knows what he is doing too.
    Running "all out" and successful bracket racing are two different skill sets. Both are challenging if done well.

Bracket racing is about beating the other car to the finish line without redlighting or breaking out. That's still racing the other guy, in my opinion. In time trials, you're racing every other car in class, trying to set the best possible time. And you're trying to improve on what the car's previously done, so in a sense, you're racing against yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
      Buy the last one. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Otherwise go immediately to jail.
      It was a great deal, but it had a complex and somewhat convoluted ownership story. It had some title problems that makes it a better track-only car than a street-strip car. Apparently it sold locally today because the auction ended early.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
        What is the problem you are referring to
        Being NHRA legal for e.t.s under 11.50 requires a serious compromise to back seat usability. Not an issue with a Rampage

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          I know it's Bangshift, but... how did we get to rollbars from here? (I know, I shoved a rail road car off the track too.)
          Because we were discussing the natural class division created by NHRA safety rules at 11.50. The vast majority of perfomrance vehicles I see on the streets (and as real-world daily drivers) are not legal to run below 11.50 on an NHRA strip.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            If you run faster than a 10.80 and dont have the Nads to enter a Heads up Class, then David will find them for you. Its just a number he picked
            I've always assumed that DF looked at the nationwide popularity of 10.90 bracket classes and then just subtracted a tenth for the "minus a tenth" rule for setting the dial-in. I could be wrong.

Comment

all i have gotten from this is that there are no bracket racers commenting....except me.lol
              63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                Because we were discussing the natural class division created by NHRA safety rules at 11.50.
                And I was pointing out that it's possible to make a car that is legal to run 10s and still be useful as a DD, if you want to.

The vast majority of performance vehicles I see on the streets (and as real-world daily drivers) are not legal to run below 11.50 on an NHRA strip.
                The vast majority of performance vehicles I see on the streets (DDs) won't run anywhere near 11.50 seconds.

So...what percentage of the cars you see putting around town that will go that fast, are NHRA legal?
                Last edited by squirrel; September 22, 2012, 04:11 PM.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
                  all i have gotten from this is that there are no bracket racers commenting....except me.lol
                  I've been a bracket racer for years

Comment

Casey,
                    I think James has it correct, they just need to figure out a way to get it started earlier. It's frustrating to see it end without a proper conclusion 2 years in a row. My Daughter's first round .001 red was the first time she has ever pulled to the line with shoe polish on the window, we knew she had no shot to go deep rounds, but I appreciate that she got to take her swing anyway.

I've raced at a high level enough to know that with the rust on me right now, you'd hand me my lunch. There are guys who've raced brackets, and there are bracket racers...I've been around long enough to know the difference.

Comment

I was a bracket racer for 20+ years .... I grew tired of it, rather drive my car. To me heads up has become way more appealing, and I really like the true street type classes. Drive it, cool it down and then run it. Way more fun IMO.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

DRAG WEEK = FASTEST STREET CARS

THIS IS ABOUT GOING FASTER

FAST STREET CARS (INDEX 9.99) WITH THE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT

SORRY if you dont have it
                        Put your car will never be as fast as you say it its till you have a time slip

In a Index Class
                        u Would run to what your Safety Equipment is tech for
                        HEads up last day (8/16field)

Need a Choice between DD and Something faster

and not have to build for a class that may not fit where u race

bob

Comment

man there are so many classes already I'm confused. Coilover a front end (common on Mustangs), you're in class X, torque arm the rear, now you're in with rocketships.. ? These are not uncommon mods for Mustangs but will put you in with some pretty hairy cars... or DD.

I think I'll go sit down and think about that for a while. They couldn't get all of the cars run on Saturday, and there were gracious few real track puke delays. Time is gonna turn into an issue.

If you're gonna add a class, from a spectator standpoint, a heads up Race with two cars leaving on green would turn me on. Since this year seemed to work out okay for the most part, I suspect next year will be the same. Leaves me with learning to bracket race or step up my game.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                            DRAG WEEK = FASTEST STREET CARS

THIS IS ABOUT GOING FASTER

FAST STREET CARS (INDEX 9.99) WITH THE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT

SORRY if you dont have it
                            Put your car will never be as fast as you say it its till you have a time slip

In a Index Class
                            u Would run to what your Safety Equipment is tech for
                            HEads up last day (8/16field)

Need a Choice between DD and Something faster

and not have to build for a class that may not fit where u race

bob
                            As soon as you say 9.99 that a full cage and certed.... I'm all
                            for a 10.00 in the DD.... I wouldnt mind 2 groups in DD... 11.50
                            and 10.00... those are the NHRA break points(roll bar and under
                            10.00 a cage and certed) but still keeping the currant rules... JMO
                            EDIT
                            But most wouldnt call a full cage a street car(I happen to disagree)
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; September 23, 2012, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                              As soon as you say 9.99 that a full cage and certed.... I'm all
                              for a 10.00 in the DD.... I wouldnt mind 2 groups in DD... 11.50
                              and 10.00... those are the NHRA break points(roll bar and under
                              10.00 a cage and certed) but still keeping the currant rules... JMO
                              EDIT
                              But most wouldnt call a full cage a street car(I happen to disagree)
                              oh hell, not that! lol.

Anybody who drove and survived the roads HRM's little girls picked out from Google-pan-scrape-bent-wheel-wouldn't drive my truck on it-car swallowing pothole.com has a street car IMHO.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

happen to think dd is a great class to be in i cant drive and my truck is a pig. still had a great time and thought i was kicking ass and everyone let me think that way. but if u are legal to run 10.80 u r legal for 10.00 so let dd run it. would be more fun putting faster cars on the trailer
                                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                                X