No announcement yet.

ADD ONE INDEX CLASS....to Drag Week.............thats all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think you can safely run a 10.0 Class, guys will run under trying to get the 10.0 needs to be a 10.20 or so.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
      I dont think you can safely run a 10.0 Class, guys will run under trying to get the 10.0 needs to be a 10.20 or so.
      that'd be a double suck, get booted and not be able to turn in a time slip.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That's why I suggested 10.50, that and it avoids some other rules that trigger at that ET, and its faster than the DD 10.80 standard.

But this is a DF deal and breath holding is contra-indicated.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Yeah I am just playing the game Bill It is what it is for 3 years
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I think I heard "if you can go better than 10.80 and still wanna play DD, maybe it's time to step up your game" but can't quote where I heard it. Sounds right enough.

Comment

Is it Not the Idea to have the Fastest Street Cars on Drag Week and GO FAST
              even in DD

COME ON..................... HOT ROD
              DO THE RIGHT THING
              Wont have any more cars just more fun

I was there Thrusday Night when Jeff Lutz said to Mike Finnegan "Set It Up Larry and I tomarrow one Race Pro Tree and get this over with".

Hot Rod couldnt do it?

So much for Drag Racing on Drag Week.

Time Trialing isn't for everyone
              bob

Question: if u Drag Race during the year car field
              other than Bracket racing and test / tune
              What Class does your Drag Week Car run in, how competative is your car?

DD: i still dont get it, why bring a car that can't get into bracket ladder
              "Winning is everything" Lance Armstrong
              Last edited by 1956NY150; October 22, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

...It's been a full month, Bob....
                Whatcha been up to?

Comment

a little stalking

did 1500 miles on North East Rod Run with 56 and Bride for 6 freaking days

Looking for heads up match races
                  Bradenton Motorsports in Feb & March
                  bob
                  Last edited by 1956NY150; October 22, 2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I've bracket raced a lot and if I was running in the Daily Driver class, I'd like to bracket race every day of Drag Week.
                    What if every Daily Driver "on-track" session was a bracket race? Dial your own on the first day (changes allowed). Every other day is the required .10 under your official average (no changes). Only round winners return to the "bracket" lanes. Each winner recieves a "round won" (or "kill") sticker on their window (that stays on the vehicle for the week). If you can't win a round, you're done running until the "open" session.
                    Even "finals" day starts the same way.
                    Who runs the evening bracket finals? All cars with at least one round win. If you can't win a round all week, you're a spectator.
                    If mother nature rains out the finals, the bracket champion is the entry with the most "kills" for the entire week.
                    D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

that's actually an interesting thought - I think that adds some equity and gets all the cars run at least once, also gives something more acceptable than the disappointment (as a fan in the stands) from day 6 rainout last year.

I'm not a bracket racer, but I might could get interested in that. I know there is some strategy around sandbagging (hell in every class apparently...cough - 9.99 on 7 cylinders... cough) but I'm not clear on how it helps here.

Comment

I like the bracket race idea each day, but you still need to have some type of top 32 or even 48 cars to keep the ET a little quicker than 16.00 for the winner...

I like the top 32 idea to keep the car quick, but have a daily bracket race for the round wins to seed into the finals. That along with the top 32 to 48 cars would be fun.

I want to run the DD field, but there needs to be something to spice it up, it seems like they are the fill in class just to fill the field. I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.
                        -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                          I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.
                          better be pretty frickin fast then to keep up with those guys!!

not that you wont have fun just to finish..
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                            I like the bracket race idea each day, but you still need to have some type of top 32 or even 48 cars to keep the ET a little quicker than 16.00 for the winner...

I like the top 32 idea to keep the car quick, but have a daily bracket race for the round wins to seed into the finals. That along with the top 32 to 48 cars would be fun.

I want to run the DD field, but there needs to be something to spice it up, it seems like they are the fill in class just to fill the field. I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.

Bracket race EVERY DAY .......... Don't give them that idea. The hard part is the drive to the next track. Might sound easy, but it is so much more than just the miles. I quess if you're the first out and stay ahead of all the carnage the drive is ok, but anywhere else and your windshield time increases as you (or at least I did) stop to check on those not moving. The goal is just to get a good run or two in and hit the road. I paid for a lot of "un-used" hotel time this year.
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                              better be pretty frickin fast then to keep up with those guys!!

not that you wont have fun just to finish..
                              I would not be competing for the top 3 but running my own race to finsh the week. I would be bringing a top 32 DD car. Or would like to think it will make the field and finish the week!
                              -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                                Bracket race EVERY DAY .......... Don't give them that idea. The hard part is the drive to the next track. Might sound easy, but it is so much more than just the miles. I quess if you're the first out and stay ahead of all the carnage the drive is ok, but anywhere else and your windshield time increases as you (or at least I did) stop to check on those not moving. The goal is just to get a good run or two in and hit the road. I paid for a lot of "un-used" hotel time this year.
                                I have never been on drag week.... Would some kind of system where racers could put out colored flags if they are on the side of the road to indicate if they need assistance or not. Green Flag: I have all the parts, tool, and help I need, now I just need time to fix. Red Flag: Please stop I need a tool or part. Just an idea....
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X