X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick 52
    replied
    Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    They have that already Dale... its called unlimited ... you will still need to have
    any safety equipment for the ET run.... so if you want you can do the DD Quick
    as a heads up but some may want a better chance with it being a bracket race
    milan does it they just dont time car's no et's just a heads up race run what you brung no times no rules

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    why not a run what you brung class winner buy's
    They have that already Dale... its called unlimited ... you will still need to have
    any safety equipment for the ET run.... so if you want you can do the DD Quick
    as a heads up but some may want a better chance with it being a bracket race

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    then all on a sudden the PU is in the 10's
    Trickery again

You have to Plan (not sandbag) with HR taking a tenth off your adverage time for the week.
    boob
    Last edited by 1956NY150; November 5, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• quick 52
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    I like the idea of 2 classes in DD... 1 at 11.50 or slower and 1 at
    10.2... same amount of cars but 16 and 16... that way a NON roll
    bar car has a bit more chance of winning in the slower DD.... lets
    face it... a roll bar is more than a safety item, it stiffens the chassis
    to get a better launch..... I dont know for fact but I would think the
    past winners have had a roll bar(maybe someone can correct me if
    I'm wrong).... just call it DD and DD QUICK.... that way the guys dont
    need the chassis cert and license for the sub 10.0.... on the last day you
    still only have 32 cars so in reality its the same time frame.......... JMO

Leave a comment:

• Lilracr
    replied
    I am sure there are plenty of sand bagggers out there now, look at the typical week and watch ET's, the slower cars in the 32 car feild start to add some ET to get in the field, I can't say I blame them to push to get in. With the open rules there are many ways to run all out yet add power later in the week to get into the 32.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I suspect there would still be sandbagging... I looked at the rules again, there's an 8.50 index already sort of where you get bumped into the next class.

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied
    Geoff (two time raced to win, winner of DW DD) posted this on HR Board

I like 509's thinking. A seperate bracket each day is a little crazy but how about this crazy idea? Fastest 32 cars on day one run 1st round and dial in their fastest pass, no tenth of a second dial down. round 2 on day 2, round 3 on day three and so on untill 2 cars left on last day. If winners happen not to make it to the following track, the ladder would already be set and that person's opponent would get a bye run. At each track dial what you ran in one time run that day. No dial ins allowed more than tenth off of your original dial in. On the last day take the remaining fastest 32 cars which would consist of 30 losers from previous 4 days which would give 2 more guys a chance to race and everyone else a chance to get into the bump. Then the winner of the 2 races race for a grand champion! Also this could free up some time by letting daily drivers only 2 runs each day. Just a thought. Another thing, if this is a bracket race going by the average of the week is cool but the subtracting a tenth is kinda silly. Also make em turn in their fastest pass not their best average pass. This will seperate the men from the boys.

More Food for thought
    bob

MADE to Turn in fastest pass Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by 1956NY150; November 4, 2012, 05:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    general rule is if 3 or 4 are stopped, keep going. But this year I stopped when 4 others were already there and I happened to have what was needed. Don't get me wrong. The road trip is the exciting part of the trip, but it is also the hardest. And I was in a truck I drive every day. Having a bracket race EVERY day would be a logistical nightmare bordering on impossible. It is hard enough just getting the runs in at each track in a time frame that allows for travel time. Most of the journey is on two lane roads with local traffic. (tractors, grandpas, cows, etc) Maybe not cows, but it is not clear sailing. I do like the idea of a big sign, but for some it would need to be a huge dry erase board. I do plan on pushing the envelope next year. 2012 was my first and I learned a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
    Bracket race EVERY DAY .......... Don't give them that idea. The hard part is the drive to the next track. Might sound easy, but it is so much more than just the miles. I quess if you're the first out and stay ahead of all the carnage the drive is ok, but anywhere else and your windshield time increases as you (or at least I did) stop to check on those not moving. The goal is just to get a good run or two in and hit the road. I paid for a lot of "un-used" hotel time this year.
    I have never been on drag week.... Would some kind of system where racers could put out colored flags if they are on the side of the road to indicate if they need assistance or not. Green Flag: I have all the parts, tool, and help I need, now I just need time to fix. Red Flag: Please stop I need a tool or part. Just an idea....

Leave a comment:

• Lilracr
    replied
    Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
    better be pretty frickin fast then to keep up with those guys!!

not that you wont have fun just to finish..
    I would not be competing for the top 3 but running my own race to finsh the week. I would be bringing a top 32 DD car. Or would like to think it will make the field and finish the week!

Leave a comment:

• greenXpress
    replied
    Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
    I like the bracket race idea each day, but you still need to have some type of top 32 or even 48 cars to keep the ET a little quicker than 16.00 for the winner...

I like the top 32 idea to keep the car quick, but have a daily bracket race for the round wins to seed into the finals. That along with the top 32 to 48 cars would be fun.

I want to run the DD field, but there needs to be something to spice it up, it seems like they are the fill in class just to fill the field. I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.

Bracket race EVERY DAY .......... Don't give them that idea. The hard part is the drive to the next track. Might sound easy, but it is so much more than just the miles. I quess if you're the first out and stay ahead of all the carnage the drive is ok, but anywhere else and your windshield time increases as you (or at least I did) stop to check on those not moving. The goal is just to get a good run or two in and hit the road. I paid for a lot of "un-used" hotel time this year.

Leave a comment:

• LAGNAF
    replied
    Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
    I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.
    better be pretty frickin fast then to keep up with those guys!!

not that you wont have fun just to finish..

Leave a comment:

• Lilracr
    replied
    I like the bracket race idea each day, but you still need to have some type of top 32 or even 48 cars to keep the ET a little quicker than 16.00 for the winner...

I like the top 32 idea to keep the car quick, but have a daily bracket race for the round wins to seed into the finals. That along with the top 32 to 48 cars would be fun.

I want to run the DD field, but there needs to be something to spice it up, it seems like they are the fill in class just to fill the field. I would rather drop into the street NA SB class.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    that's actually an interesting thought - I think that adds some equity and gets all the cars run at least once, also gives something more acceptable than the disappointment (as a fan in the stands) from day 6 rainout last year.

I'm not a bracket racer, but I might could get interested in that. I know there is some strategy around sandbagging (hell in every class apparently...cough - 9.99 on 7 cylinders... cough) but I'm not clear on how it helps here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X