Carnage pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage pictures

Now that it's over and you can breathe again, lets see some of the aftermath pictures. I'm particularly would like to see McConnells beer can intake runners.
    Last edited by todd1955; September 23, 2012, 05:14 PM.

Todd, I'm glad you got the ball joint fixed at Ennis. It was great visiting with you and your wife.

Comment

I'm on my phone and can't post pics but it was a bad day made worse when the left front tire blew about an hour outside of the track

Comment

Right front tire for SEERED was near FAIL, but DIGINLIF (yellow pro street mustang) came to the rescue and donated a wheel and tire to the cause. Wheel would not fit so the hand dismount, remount was on in the pits and I asked how fast can we go on this tire? I was told about 130?? or so and then we ran 150 at Tulsa to verify it was a good tire. Last year it was rear tires and trailer tires, this year it was front tire issues.
        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

You can see Mike Crows 1.5 Mopar 15* rocker on the ex. on #5 Thanks for the loan mike there is a new roller lifter hanging from the wire I drop on what was left of the cam for the last pass on 7 cylinders or so. Also notice the #7 broken intake rocker back at the pushrod. This was a supprize Saturday when I went to fix the lifter to run.

Randal may have pictures of the Bud light cans we cut up. I took these and Hot Rod or some one posted these I stole from a Jake post
          Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 22, 2012, 07:15 PM.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            Randal may have pictures of the Bud light cans we cut up. I took these and Hot Rod or some one posted these I stole from a Jake post
            You asked for it Hero way to patch a hole in your cylinder heads! (plural!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0411 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	864214

Name:	IMAG0412 - Copy.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	864213
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that picture might scare small children(kidding), these are the things that you cannot explain to your buddies at home, drag week means something different to each person, to me its the truest test of man and machine but in talking to several different people it was funny how drag week was more than the persuit of a jacket, the best story was from Blake (red ford truck - the Marine) who said that drag week was as close to the rush and the sense of comradery that he got in Afghanistan (sans being shot at).

Comment

Originally posted by todd1955 View Post
                that picture might scare small children(kidding), these are the things that you cannot explain to your buddies at home, drag week means something different to each person, to me its the truest test of man and machine but in talking to several different people it was funny how drag week was more than the persuit of a jacket, the best story was from Blake (red ford truck - the Marine) who said that drag week was as close to the rush and the sense of comradery that he got in Afghanistan (sans being shot at).

And getting shot at seemed a distinct possibility with that little section of memphis they ran us through Wednesday night
                1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Got her all unloaded........kind of sad. On the outside, everything looks fine, who knows whats going on inside.
                  Team Clueless
                  1st Place SB/NA DW12
                  2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                  sigpic

Comment

Jeff! thats freaking awesome. awesome on top of awesome.

Comment

Name:	100_0528.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	864219

Daughter's 5th nitrous pass of her life, learning what happens when you short shift to 2nd with a tight converter and a suspect ignition system on the bottle.

Or learning how nice it is to have Uncles who can have you back on the road in 3 hours...one or the other.

Ever notice how most people look 10 years older in any photos taken after Wednesday or so?

Comment

I will post a picture of the inside when I tear it down, it has a 1/2 inch long 3/8 booger hanging inside 2 ports, that right stuff is bad stuff!
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Well, at least the Blazer finished its sixth Drag Week in a row. I'm glad we only needed one pass on "finals" day...
                          It wasn't running on all eight during our last "blower belt on" 9.20/138/1.34 pass.
                          It was hurt but it finished. It drove back to the pits, it drove on the trailer & limped into the garage at home.
                          I started pulling it apart last week.
                          The picture below is the "pile" I have to remove to pull the engine...

Name:	RemoveThisTo PullEngine.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	864420
                          Pulled the heads and found both head gaskets blackened between all pairs of cylinders. There was MLS material gone is three locations. Shown below is the "gap" that was between #5 & #7.

Name:	PulledLeftHeadAndFoundThis.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	864419
                          Below is the picture of the combustion chamber "window" between #5 & #7. It explains the cloud of "death smoke" it belched out of the left exhaust at the 1000 ft. mark (in Bob's video of the pass).

Name:	WhichLeadToThisChamberWindow.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	864418
                          It's slightly wounded but it did good....
                          Steve & Bob
                          D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Not sure JB Weld can patch that one. Good thing Tulsa was the last day.....
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

It always amazes me to see heads burned between cylinders.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X