No announcement yet.

Carnage pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUCH! sorry to see that. weld or replace?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dayum Steve.

Comment

This is the right side cylinder head from the V10 Ram. They didn't get any further than Ennis unfortunately.

~Alain~
        A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
        "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Originally posted by alain View Post
          This is the right side cylinder head from the V10 Ram. They didn't get any further than Ennis unfortunately.

Yeah that was too bad. They had it torn apart quick and I thought they might be waiting on parts although I did wonder where they would get them lol.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

that big mother sounded neato too.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              OUCH! sorry to see that. weld or replace?
              We'll repair it.
              D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                Yeah that was too bad. They had it torn apart quick and I thought they might be waiting on parts although I did wonder where they would get them lol.
                So here's the deal on that. A dude at the race came right up to them and said that he had a head they could have. The dudes tore it all apart but the problem is that there was significant damage to the block as well. As I understand they were gung ho to fix it but seeing that the block was junked was the end of the deal. I have never seen one of those engines with a head off. Looks like something out of a WWI air plane. Freaking massive!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  You asked for it Hero way to patch a hole in your cylinder heads! (plural!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14306[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14305[/ATTACH]

Jeff's slow run and some loud mouth on the PA

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; October 7, 2012, 07:48 PM.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ok Steve you win, I'll stop complaining about the hassle it is to pull my engine/ headers/ trans now that I've seen all the stuff in your way to pull yours.

I melted a section like that with nitrous on a Victor Jr head and it was repaired. Glad it's just that and nothing on the bottom end. Any ideas why it blew out so much of the head gasket on both sides? Is the ProCharger ok after the squeeling, gonna have it checked out by the factory?
                    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ProCharged509 View Post
                      We'll repair it.
                      Fire slotting the head is never fun. Did it hurt the block? When I did that to mine a few years back we had cut the deck. 017 to clean it up. I hope yours is good to go as is.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                        ....Glad it's just that and nothing on the bottom end. Any ideas why it blew out so much of the head gasket on both sides? Is the ProCharger ok after the squeeling, gonna have it checked out by the factory?
                        Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        Fire slotting the head is never fun. Did it hurt the block? When I did that to mine a few years back we had cut the deck. 017 to clean it up. I hope yours is good to go as is.
                        Rich & Bill,
                        Unfortunately, it's not just the torched head.
                        The shortblock didn't escape damage. It needs to decked about .025 -> .030 to get it back flat. It'll need at least two pistons (maybe eight).
                        The torched head needs the obvious reconstruction of the chambers as well as four guides, four valves & three seats. Spring are equal & could be shimmed. After running the springs for two Drag Weeks, I'll replace them.
                        Haven't found the root cause of the damage yet. The only facts from the data log show low fuel pressure under boost (and a resulting lean air/fuel ratio).
                        The F2 ProCharger had more gear noise than normal when we left Ennis. We stopped at the first place with "shade" and found the blower was low on oil. We went into "survival mode" & ran without the belt from that point on until our one & only pass on Saturday.
                        The blower's already on its way back to the factory for a checkup. Its bearings & gears still feel fine so it may only need seals.
                        Well, at least Drag Week 2013 is months away...
                        D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

I'm bummed but kinda happy about my luck on carnage. I've driven my car about 30(maybe) miles since getting back from Tulsa and it broke the snout off the crank and killed most of the manley valves at 3500 RPM's. I took it apart and the crank was broke for a while except for the center about the size of a dime. It stayed together and got me first in my class, THEN broke at home.
                          Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Some might cal that luck ^^^ I'll say it was proper planning!

sorry to hear of the wreckage - but if you can swap head gaskets in the pits and be back running in 1.5 hours - I'm sure you'll have the next engine singing a sweet sweet song again as soon as the money allows!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear that Keith. Good thing we started following you, because if we would of kept following Mike and Ron, I'm sure the extra milage they seem to travel for the same route, would have left you short.

Jason
                              2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                              2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                              all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

You are right about not adding extra mileage with Rons navigation. I got to thinking about that crank, and it was in an engine I bought out of OKC that had been in a 40 ford involved in a 5 car pile up and it was in the middle. The crank was the last part left, because everything else self destructed on past engine grenades. I'm putting my 11.5 comp engine in it for now with tunnleram so I can still drive and play. Then I can finish the BBC for my 69 nova. Cant have both down at the same time.
                                Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Working...
                                X