DW 2013 Track Guesses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
    I like Nesbo's idea being its close to home (as we all would like to be). Never been to Byron, Joliet I've heard can be a pain in the rear for tech, never been there cept for pics one year. Been to Indy many times but havent made it past the lights. Bowling Green is great and we havent been to GateWay since 05. Switch Joliet for Cordova and its a deal!!! Tracks that are a stones throw apart dont matter as you know they always find a route that ends up as a drunk crow fly's.
    The idea of hitting tracks that we hav'nt been to has always been a good idea that alot of people like. So an idea of mine also:
    Bowling Green Ky
    Bristol Tn
    Z Max DD in 2 lanes and the rest in the other 2
    Crossville tn
    Bowling Green 1050 miles MapQuest

I just realized Joliet was'nt part of it ????? I'm still not back to earth.
    I like this... never been to a couple of these tracks... I wouldnt go
    all the way to Z max with my race rig... too far for the money

Comment

Clark,
      I will gladly go north if you promise to get a BBC that will live the week...

Bill,
      If it goes that far east, where do we sign up for this transport you're renting?

Las Vegas, Speedworld( West Phoenix), Tucson, Firebird(East Phoenix), Las Vegas!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
        Clark,
        I will gladly go north if you promise to get a BBC that will live the week...

Bill,
        If it goes that far east, where do we sign up for this transport you're renting?

Las Vegas, Speedworld( West Phoenix), Tucson, Firebird(East Phoenix), Las Vegas!
        Another good one.
        sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
          That's what Dan and I talked about on the way home from DW11

It'll never happen...but still
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

they all sound cool.yall are right though.no matter how stupid it sounds.i wouldnt trailer the car that far,but drive it....hell ya!

lol
            63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

I am trying but money is run short.But we are going to try agian.LOL Its only money!
              Last edited by clarks body shop; September 26, 2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Clark ship us your car and a pile of Money!
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Its coming your way.Get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
                    We always talk alot during DW about the next year and with the 2 biggest years coming from Tulsa/Topeka we kinda thought it could stay at least close to that area to tap into it. Either that or DW is just getting bigger by popularity and could be just as big anywhere. Most seem to trailer to the first track anyway so a bit of drive is always going to be for some. I hope it will still move around as to hit new tracks. I know for you few out west its a lotta miles but where does the majority come from. Sorry. Heres a few more:
                    Cedar Falls ia Brainerd Mn Eau Claire Wi Cordova or Byron Il back to Cedar Falls
                    Or
                    Rogersville Mo St Loius Cordova Earlville Ia Rogersville

The combinations are endless cept I always wonder how it is dealing with all the tracks and getting it to work.
                    I really like this one!

Comment

Originally posted by DusterDj View Post
                      I bet they show Canada some luv and maybe even start out there. That would be crazy but cool also... No matter what, I'll follow where ever DW starts at. You know, There are some good tracks out west and DW hasn't been out there yet...
                      I asked DF about Canada. Replied that its hard enough to go through customs as it is could you imagine that many cars like us triing to get through and back. Quess its not to be. ( Up north, where rivers like to run and air is cooler and cars like to run)
                      First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                      Second place SSBBNA 2016
                      Third place SSBBNA 2017
                      Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                      All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        Start and stop in Zmax and the DD Bracket race all four lanes should take 3 rounds and over
                        Four wide drag racing and very close to home, If I got a vote it would be for this!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

No inside line on this for me, but the formula of two big tracks (Memphis, Motorplex) a medium (Tulsa), and a relative unknown (Shreveport) was pretty neat, especially because people hauled ass at Shreveport and it gave those guys a much needed confidence boost down there at the facility.

DF, Clint the video guy, and I spend the better part of the afternoon leaving Ennis at the little 1/8-mile Cedar Creek Dragway talking to the owner and checking the place out. It was fantastic and got DF's wheels rolling on some ideas that at first seemed far fetched but when we spent a zillion hours in the car actually seemed feasible by the time we were done.

There's enough eighth mile tracks in Texas that we could run two a day!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            Four wide drag racing and very close to home, If I got a vote it would be for this!
                            it sounds like a win win in the middle and zmax talk about a dream come true what a bucket list winner
                            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

If I added about 2feet of outriggers to my trailer, I could get two cars on it, with a crew cab, we could feasibly take two teams in one tow rig.

If someone had a dually crew cab, it could handle a three car wedge easy
                              - if those are available for rent, that would be a tempting solution.

I don't think my SRW truck is rated for a 3 car but I'd look into it since I already have a flip up gooseneck hitch under the bed.

The transport idea starts to have allot of merit once you start adding up tow vehicle fuel for more than 2 teams, the financials start to line up - not sure if you'd be better off flying or all pilling into a van or suburban type vehicle
                              (that could haul everyone's spare parts, coolers, etc for the week)

Lots of good ideas on this thread for sure.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

4 wide racing,,we run all the gassers at once...

Comment

Working...
                                X