Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
    I forgot that I want a Hat like Bill's next year. Skin is still peeling
    I ran best MPH of the week , 142.5 with that hat on. You bet ill use double duct tape next time.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
      JoeyG, what were your 60' times this year? I watched the win lights and saw some good ET's and some Great MPH's - just looking for a comparison with our truck.

We will be working on weight reduction and more weight reduction then turn our attention to our launch, and if we are successful we will add the needed roll-bar.

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
      My truck doesn't 60' for poopie. Best pass was a [email protected] with a 1.89 60'. The best 60' I cut was the run where the trans went into overdrive and locked the converter mid track, 1.72 60'. I need rear suspension work and the afore mentioned additions.

Vince, your right a womans gardners hat would make your life so much easier. Just remember its smaller and not as manly as the one Bill was wearing, so it's perfect for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
        I ran best MPH of the week , 142.5 with that hat on. You bet ill use double duct tape next time.
        I was laughing my ass off at that hat... so much so that I bought one kinda like it for 3.00 the next day at Walmart. The whole time we could see you on the strip, I was laughing. I nudged Monica and said "I think I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow" between fits of giggling.
        Last edited by Beagle; September 30, 2012, 06:55 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

After waiting 3 years
          the 56 is in Friends shop finishing 10 cage to 8.50 cert
          time to repower?

will try and get 56 to magic number of 10.80 for DD
          bob
          my 68 ranchero and 56 G/S from 68

Comment

Damn BBBBBob you aint foolin
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

So no Wilmington this year then Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                After waiting 3 years
                time to repower?

bob
                Lookin good Bob.... whats the HP on that

Comment

3500@30PSI

Joey
                  Yes
                  I will be at Wilmington late April
                  will try and to do 150even
                  drive in and and home
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                    After waiting 3 years
                    time to repower?

bob

Looks worth waiting three years for........I'll loan you some tractor weights. You'll need to slow it down to 10.80 so you can stay DD.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

with the looks of that motor just leave it in the suburban. and that will scare most DD off
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Well I got a little present from Santa Randy at Harland shrp, these turned out great, geometry is perfect, roller is now centered on stem, sweep is small, pushrod adjuster angle is fixed and ratio is now 1.751. Could not be happier.

Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                        Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                        Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I dont want to be a downer and might be wrong call the Rocker maker most dont want much thread out of the casting it has a lot of stress that way and is pushing at the rocker at a bad angle, it may cause breakage. Longer push rod might be in order
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'm building a new blower motor since mine broke a crank and wiped out the valves and a few pistons 30 miles after I got back from dragweek. The snout broke behind the cam gear and looking at it, it had been cracked for a while.
                            Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              I dont want to be a downer and might be wrong call the Rocker maker most dont want much thread out of the casting it has a lot of stress that way and is pushing at the rocker at a bad angle, it may cause breakage. Longer push rod might be in order
                              Its a compromise, if I do a longer pushrod it changes the pushrod side geometry making it over arc. Without having a rocker body that is longer at the bottom this is what I have and what I can deal with. Before the angle of the adjuster made it stress out big time and why it broke, this way its basically pushing up vertically, the adj is 7/16 so its pretty strong. well see, I have 6 extra now.
                              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Tony, X2 on Jeff's comment on the adjuster. Jessel tells me that I should never have more that one full turn off the seat or the pushrods are too short. Also they are adamant about proper torque on the adjuster nut. 20 Ft. Lbs which I set now with a special rocker arm wrench made by LSA. You likely already knew that but I didn't back when I first moved the shaft rockers. The AMC is nice as that was the design in the first place.

Here is my collection of broken rockers from the last few years. The pushrod in the foreground is what happens when an exhuast rocker breaks at more than just idle rpm and the intake doesn't break when it tries to open a fully pressurized cylinder. Had to pull the head on that one.

The front row are an earlier design a couple which I over tightened. The front row are shot peened second design. I now have their thrid generation on the engine which has a bit more meat around the adjuster.

I will not have a fourth gen as I will switch to T&D or WW Engineering as they haven't been terribly helpful. I have never caught one before it breaks but you can see where it fatigue cracked before failing completly.

Merry Christmas!

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X