No announcement yet.

What changes you making for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill's pictures show everything I've heard about it. I've always heard that if you have 2 threads showing below the rocker you are pushing your luck. Essentially the adjusting screw becomes a lever on the rocker, longer the lever below the thread line the easier it is to twist the back end off like Bill's.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bill the way yours broke are exactly how I've seen most all jesels break, ther adjuster area is small and it pushes them through. Theses adjusters are 7/16, I have relegated myself to the compromise and have spares just in case.

Not discounting the advice(I appreciate it) just what I have to deal with. Unless I make my own rockers they will never be perfect.
      Last edited by tsanchez; December 23, 2012, 04:48 PM.
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

One thing I am going to do is add lash caps because the valve tips are not hardened so that will lower the rear of the rocker moving the adj further in, it will make the geometry at the valve off some, more like t&d likes them set up and Im ok with that.
        Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
          One thing I am going to do is add lash caps because the valve tips are not hardened so that will lower the rear of the rocker moving the adj further in, it will make the geometry at the valve off some, more like t&d likes them set up and Im ok with that.
          Not saying that the lash caps dont help the tip but I dont like them(I've used them to
          help on a bad set up) but you need to add about .070 under the mounting blocks that
          the shafts mount on to get the right geometry with the 1 thread showing... yes you would
          need new push rods.... your choice though

I'm building a whole new car so I want to get it finished up and start testing WELL before
          I make the travel to DW... my main concern is the trans and conv ... so testing should tell..
          I have about half of the body work done and I expect to paint it in the spring... after I get
          some preliminary testing in

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
            Not saying that the lash caps dont help the tip but I dont like them(I've used them to
            help on a bad set up) but you need to add about .070 under the mounting blocks that
            the shafts mount on to get the right geometry with the 1 thread showing... yes you would
            need new push rods.... your choice though

I'm building a whole new car so I want to get it finished up and start testing WELL before

I make the travel to DW... my main concern is the trans and conv ... so testing should tell..
            I have about half of the body work done and I expect to paint it in the spring... after I get
            some preliminary testing in
            Adding would only exacerbate the issue, I have a pretty good grasp on geometry and like I said unless I make my own they will never be right, there are aspects of jesel and td that I don't like as well add harland sharps.but this is not a chevy where everyone makes a part for it,
            Last edited by tsanchez; December 23, 2012, 07:21 PM.
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Adding would only exacerbate the issue, I have a pretty good grasp on geometry and like I said unless I make my own they will never be right, there are aspects of jesel and td that I don't like as well add harland sharps.but this is not a chevy where everyone makes a part for it,
              Ok... just looking at the pic your adjuster is about .100 too far down but if you got the
              handle on it then go for it.... no way would I tell anyone what to do... its your stuff
              EDIT
              I run the TDs on all my stuff so I understand

Also I can never remember weather its up or down on the shaft...
              I always have to look at my notes...if its outside of the center its
              one way if its to the inside its the other way
              Last edited by MR P-BODY; December 23, 2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Can you do mid lift geometry with your rocker set up... the PR looks real close at full lift.. the roller dont have to be center of the valve stem it can be off center for better geometry... Nice setup im hoping Santa brings new wheels this year
                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Right now it has near perfect mid lift geometry, mid lift thetrunnion and roller are ninety to the valve, sweep is about .045 and pushrod side is ninety also. The rocker is relieved for pushrod clearance.
                  Last edited by tsanchez; December 24, 2012, 10:36 AM.
                  Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Right now it has near perfect mid lift geometry, mid lift thetrunnion and roller are ninety to each other, sweep is about.045 and pushrod side is ninety also.rocker is relieved for pushrod clearance.
                    Cool.. My neighbor son is a amc Guy he as some of the F.A.S.T. cars and a couple bad ass AMX's .. He as the contract with GM for the new COPO camaro's.. They are a bad ass car have seen one run at a private track run 9. 0's with tuning it'll be in the hi 8's

Comment

one big change is going back to a small block.Yes no more big blocks!!

Comment

Clark good luck man. Going Old School or a LS?
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Going with 6.2 ls out of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade.

Comment

Good luck with that. Those SB classes are soft, right?
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by clarks body shop View Post
                              Going with 6.2 ls out of a 2008 Cadillac Escalade.
                              LS is a very sweet way to go the only trouble is the heavy ass car's GM put's them in. And that ford is kicking there ass with a 5.0 that is in a lighter car. My son got a 12 mustang with a tune and drag radial 11.86 @ 117 his buddy has the camaro with a tune, slick's, clutch, header's bottle 125 hit 11.77 @ 124 on motor 12.90 @ 108

Comment

I forgot to add that we are going to run a pair of turbos. And no way will I put a chevy motor in a ford.LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X