• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
    GUYS..... My vacation IS Drag Week!!!!

same here..
    Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

• Well, in 35 yrs I have been a mechanic I have never misinstalled a converter, my car had to be the first. I had forgot that I drained the trans to remove it after drag week, I had sent the converter off to inspect and restall. I put it in and totally forgot that It was dry, ran the car for about a half hr before checking fluid and then after adding some it didnt pick up and would not move car. Originally I had put trans in and thought it was not enough clearance between flexplate and conv so I pulled it back and checked but it was ok. Tore it out uesterday and found the pump chewed up from heat(no lube). I picked up a rebuilt one for 58 bucks, gonna put it in tonight.

Rookie mistake
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• There is a guy on the Buick forum that did that about a month or so ago with his TH2004r. He wasn't very impressed with himself either.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• IT runs again, put the new pump in, had to remove input housing to dress shaft(buggered) quite a task without removing pan :lol:

I put it back in tonight and took it for a slip fest, runs good, stall is up about 800-1000 rpm or so and seem to rpm fast and has that nice crisp sound now when rpms are up. Gonna hook up my twin widebands and start to tuning.
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Great to hear. Not too much damage and still have time to get some miles in before DW
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Upgrading the exhaust.

I can lay out the exhaust in the living room because I am single, lol. 3" down pipes to the cut outs, then reduced to 2.5" X-pipe to tail pipe.

Wide mouth exhaust system. 3" down pipe to cut out. There is a 2.5" pipe next to it for reference.

Electric cut outs.

Comment

• Sweet.......especially the part of "no more crawling under the car" to let the beast breathe
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• The Silver Buick is showing off again! It's been more than 30 years since I could have race bike or car parts in our living room - I almost forgot how good the parts spiff up a living room...

Who is the supplier?
                  Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                  DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

• The 3" down pipes are from TA Performance and meant to bolt to their shorty headers, then the 3" cutouts, 2.5" x-pipe through tail pipe are Pype's brand but all ordered through Summit, which was significantly cheaper than through Pype's website or the Performance Years Website (which both sites have the most jacked up ordering system ever). Then some reducers from summit as well to link it all together.

Comment

• Thats badass...like the way those are incorporated into the x-pipe like that!

Comment

• Testing before Drag Week is over rated. LOL Doc and I prefer to learn on Drag Week Well he gets in one or two passes before to make sure it will stop.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Testing before Drag Week is over rated. LOL Doc and I prefer to learn on Drag Week Well he gets in one or two passes before to make sure it will stop.
                          Some of us need to see if it will go before stopping is required..............besides, the stop part is usually only needed when entering small towns in Arkansas. (So I understand)

Comment

• I don't stop in Small Towns in Arkansas, or anywhere else I hear Banjo's playin.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                            X