No announcement yet.

just curious(pump gas guys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I race on race gas, I drive on pump gas.

I'm a big block Mopar guy through and through, kills me to show up with that production head smallblock 2 years in a row.

Put some cam in that thing and let it eat! With those hockey puck pistons it should spin 7K all day long!

Comment

I am the same as Jake(The Champ) and MoparBilly, Larry and Jeff. drive it on pump gas and race it on good fuel.
      I have seen 9.0:1 and 14:1 motors detonat the same. I go more on cranking cylinder pressure.
      Depending on the duration of the intake lobe and where you have it drgreed in, this has a large influence on the cylinder pressure.
      Just keeping in mind that the more rpm, the more the cylinder pressure goes up, do to ram effect from the head flow.
      Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
        Put some cam in that thing and let it eat!
        I think I keep hearing that from someone else.... now who could it be?!?!?
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by 73fish View Post
          I am the same as Jake(The Champ) and MoparBilly, Larry and Jeff. drive it on pump gas and race it on good fuel.
          I have seen 9.0:1 and 14:1 motors detonat the same. I go more on cranking cylinder pressure.
          Depending on the duration of the intake lobe and where you have it drgreed in, this has a large influence on the cylinder pressure.

Just keeping in mind that the more rpm, the more the cylinder pressure goes up, do to ram effect from the head flow.
          Just my 2 cents.

Shhhhhh.........be vewy vewy quiet........I are huntin Rustangs!!!!
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
              Your killing me Champ!

Comment

Your killing me Chump!
                Fixed it!
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

im with ya on that point mike.thanks for all the input.

you know what really pisses me off in this whole deal??? i built this motor 12 years ago for pump gas because i was sick of buyin $4/gal. race gas.lmao

that's life i guess,but i refuse to buy $10/gal. fuel now too.
                  63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post

you know what really pisses me off in this whole deal??? i built this motor 12 years ago for pump gas because i was sick of buyin $4/gal. race gas.lmao

I built my first pump gas "drag" motor 15 years ago and been doing it ever since. Now we pay more for 93 octane than what 110 octane used to cost!

Everyone thought I was crazy for building pump gas race motors, many were pissed since I was outrunning them!
                    -Bobby-

Comment

I know many told me it could not be done and be consistent, proviing many wrong!
                      -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        I like Boyz!!!
                        That so?
                        Team Clueless
                        1st Place SB/NA DW12
                        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                        sigpic

Comment

Your killing me Champ!
                          I am just a "Want-a-be"!!!
                          Team Clueless
                          1st Place SB/NA DW12
                          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post

E-85 Baby!
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

E-85 may be the most convincing reason to go to EFI - as long as the fuel system is built to handle it - swapping fuel and swapping maps with EFI would be a lot easier than Swapping carbs, re setting timing, etc.

Given what the E85 folks went through this year though - I'd want to have a pump gas back up tune saved in case there's no E85 to be had.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can even install one of those ethanol meter things in the fuel system and the MegaSquirt will auto adjust to the actual concentration of ethanol in the fuel. Though I'm sure you have to have tuned a good gasoline AND a good E-85 map for it to interpolate between.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X