• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week............... Only For Daily Drivers

you should not be lurking here
    unless
    u are a Daily Driver

and THEY are Watching if u are not
    Last edited by 1956NY150; October 22, 2012, 06:30 PM.

nice having our own thread

Comment

I am a daily driver contestant. I will likely run DD until I am sub 10.80 or whatever the fastest ET they allow is. Although from watching other classes and learning some tips here and there I wouldn't hesitate to jump out into a "soft" class if I thought i had a chance. Until then the bracket race is the only thing my hoopty has a chance in.

I will also add this, I like the quick 32 format and am all game for a 32 car field being run round robin with no breaks...sounds like fun.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Heck yea .... hot lap 'em!

I'd race whatever class they offer.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

what if you are undecided?
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
            you should not be lurking here
            unless
            u are a Daily Driver

and THEY are Watching if u are not
            Why not eleborate a little here? Pointed to anyone certain?

I have never run drag week, I am very interested in doing so, but a post like this almost looks like a scare tactic to push guys away.

Will I run unlimited? No! Will I come out with a $50k car looking to clean up a BB Turbo class? No, but I will say one thing when I run I will be there to run the whole week flat out with what I bring!
            -Bobby-

Comment

rumors that may be incorrect

a) larson and Lutz are building cars for Daily Driver

b)larson, lutz and all unlimted cars "can right off expenses of DW on taxes"

little truth in this: BUT u have to MAKE IT to right it off.
              Last edited by 1956NY150; October 23, 2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

It might be a lot of fun to run DD next year and focus on driving and the ability to go rounds which is more like waht we have the chance to do the rest of the year. I also miss the week long TnT aspect that DW has had in the past when I'm not just trying to keep the heap in one piece in order to finish. I hope I haven't violated the rules of the thread.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                  It might be a lot of fun to run DD next year and focus on driving and the ability to go rounds which is more like waht we have the chance to do the rest of the year. I also miss the week long TnT aspect that DW has had in the past when I'm not just trying to keep the heap in one piece in order to finish. I hope I haven't violated the rules of the thread.
                  I did the TNT this year without the tune part.......kind of fun on a new build if I had not been trying sooooooooo many new things. Just gald I finished. Bill, I'm not sure how you could slow down your rocket ship without a big boat anchor.

The competition is on the highway most of the time. And lilracr, don't let the thread scare you away. Just a little "class" humor here.
                  Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Believe me, it's not scaring me.... I just wanted to know where it was all directed, I am pretty new to these boards and want to make sure I am not looked at as a poser.

As far as Lutz or Larson building DD cars, let them. They should be overlooked from the media standpoint. maybe they want to enjoy less stress from running Unlimited.

There again I am pretty new and maybe I don't understand the big picture?
                    Last edited by Lilracr; October 23, 2012, 07:55 AM.
                    -Bobby-

Comment

Bob, congrats on your finishing #6 in Daily Driver this year. You have an real impressive Shoebox.
                      See you next year?
                      R, C. (Race till you drop!) Zink
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Carl
                        God willing i will be back. (no my wifes name isnt God but)
                        56 is a great driver and will be growing some more patina to catch up to me.
                        No show car but it has provided soooooooooooooooooooo many good times, met sooooooooooooo many friends.
                        since 07 i have driven 56 over 40k (+300 1/4 passes) and hope to do more

Lilracer you are not a poser you're here
                        bob

ps: i wont be in DD forever just waiting for another class in DW where RT can make the differnce.

Comment

Bob,

I am a big '56 Chevy fan, recenly got rid of a '56 project I had for years to fund a Top ET car. One day maybe I will get another one.
                          Your car is one of the cars I would really like to see up close and run DW with.

Hopefully DW '13 will turn about to get both of us there racing and cruising!
                          -Bobby-

Comment

i wrote off dragweek on my taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                              i wrote off dragweek on my taxes...
                              I wrote off taxes on my dragweek.
                              Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Working...
                              X