Dual master cylinder and lap belt
    25.00%
    Dual Master Cylinder after market Disc Brakes, 3 Pt Belts
    20.00%
    Great Brakes, 5 PT harness, correct roll bar/cage
    35.00%
    Better than Number 5
    15.00%
    Last edited by 1956NY150; October 30, 2012, 02:54 PM.

4? Stock Dual Master Cylinder and 3-pt seat belts. Both have been replaced fairly recently. I have larger brake rotors up front and 10" vented rotors out back. They're GM made if that counts as aftermarket?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I will have #5 for next year.......My wife was not happy this year. She's been around racing in the past too.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

does a tire repair kit count
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

My real daily driver is my 2003 F150 Harley pick up which will just touch the 14's empty with a tail wind. The Mustang which gets driven every week has everything it has to have in order pass a strict NHRA tech down to 8.50. I hate driving a car with a cage on the street but NHRA gives me no choice below 11.50 ET. It needs a real racing seat, the kind you'd use for open road or standing mile LSR. It has more safety stuff than required but I like it that way.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

why do they go by ET 2 weeks ago i was at the track raced a car that ran 11.67 at 124mph granted his 60' suck but i see alot of car run like that seen a new vette run 11.70 @ 127. the same day there were car running 121 @ 10.90s hell 127 my son runs 10.30's speed kills

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
              why do they go by ET 2 weeks ago i was at the track raced a car that ran 11.67 at 124mph granted his 60' suck but i see alot of car run like that seen a new vette run 11.70 @ 127. the same day there were car running 121 @ 10.90s hell 127 my son runs 10.30's speed kills
              Mine runs 10.40 @132 and all that is required is an 8 point bar and harness for mine. I will be upgrading to either more cage or a new roller for my drivetrain.
              Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by 82z View Post
                Mine runs 10.40 @132 and all that is required is an 8 point bar and harness for mine. I will be upgrading to either more cage or a new roller for my drivetrain.
                that's in the 9's with the right 60'. there is a pontiac fiero @ the track that runs 11.38 @ 134. built cheap 3.8 pontiac gta motor 140,000 miles paid $400 with supercharger removed and NA intake with a $200 5.7 cummin's turbo. he run it in the drifting car racing what a peice.

Comment

135 MPH is the other threashold for increased safety equipment per NHRA rules. Whether any individual track enforces those rules is another question. Three of our Cali tracks, Fontana, Irwindale and Infineon are really fussy. They were on my case a couple years ago when I was flirting with 135's, now runing 140's they check everything. Bakersfield not so much.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                  X