What class would my car fit in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What class would my car fit in?

Mini tubbed to factory frame rails with cal trac mono-leafs moved in...10 point cage with subframe connectors and window net...315/60 drag radials....factory fire wall and floors....carpet....door panels....factory dash....two front upholstered seats....bolt in front suspension with coil overs and rack and pinion...aluminum Gen 2 Hemi with 10-71 and two dominators.....727 torqueflight with gear vendors....all steel except hood and bumpers...all factory glass....around 3820 with me in it. I was thinking Street Race BB/PA

im thinkin modified power adder.street race has to be factory suspension.i am doubting this car came with coil overs.
    63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

AlterKation front suspension?

Comment

thats what i was guessin.
        63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

BBPA street race, you are allowed to have an after market bolt in front K member with coilovers and a rackand pinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
            AlterKation front suspension?
            No its a magnum force piece of @#$%^! After the
            "Hemi on Dragweek" thread I guess I better start saving up for another set of rocker arms springs and lifters.
            Last edited by mopower58; October 31, 2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like Street Race BB/PA, but the front suspension may bump you to Super Street?
              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

In truth, SSBBP/A with smaller tires, with those Unlimited

Its a David Call, If its coil it stays coil, no strut conversions from coil, torsion bar changed to coil is iffy, but has passed before.

Crow runs the coil over conversion on his Dart in Street Race so I would think its a pass on it. Its legal in Super Street Race. Those tires are to wide to pass I would think in any Class other than Unlimited on the New tire rules used last year. Pro Street says no DOT Drag Radials
                Last edited by JeffMcKC; October 31, 2012, 07:14 AM.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I found the rules so I guess I need to go measure the tread width.Coil overs is the only other question but they came with the conversion and bolt in the stock locations.

"Street Race cars must use tires on the dragstrip that are no greater than 11.25 inches wide at the tread, as measured installed and on the ground with a go/no-go gauge. Tire edges may not be shaved or cut to meet the 11.25-inch maximum. Drag radials with a metric width labeling of no greater than 325 mm may be used if the tread width is no greater than 11.5 inches"

"The front suspension may use aftermarket components, but they must be commonly available from a recognized manufacturer and they must bolt in place on the stock frame."

"Rack-and-pinion conversions are allowed"

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    In truth, SSBBP/A with smaller tires, with those Unlimited. Pro Street says no DOT Drag Radials
                    Can you run slicks in Pro Street or just DOT treaded tires?

Comment

You can run Bias slicks, or we Use a "NON DOT" Radial on Docs car in N/A Pro Street.

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

Comment

Its really not that I read the rules so close day after day or anything,,,, really. Let me know if I can help, good Luck with your plan it sounds cool.
                          Last edited by JeffMcKC; October 31, 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I went out and measured my hoosiers 315/60 on a 12 inch wheel and I come up with 11.25 on the TREAD width not the section width. I figured that is why 325 was in the rules.

Comment

sounds freakin FAST!!

Just hope it makes all 5 days!!

or six days sometimes!!
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Working...
                              X