• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be back running SS SB NA, number 5 for me

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
      Cool it sound's like a great combo. do you run at lapeer
      Yes I do. Weather is supposed to be good this weekend I will be taking the car to Lapeer Saturday
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

With the MICHICLAN number's. It would be cool to have a tnt. so lets put it together in 2013
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I have not been to lapeer for 4-5 years, has it been fixed up at all, do they do any track prep, is it still 1/4
          Doc Fox
          DocFox

Comment

Originally posted by drilr View Post
            I have not been to lapeer for 4-5 years, has it been fixed up at all, do they do any track prep, is it still 1/4
            Doc Fox
            There have't been any improvments but they do prep a little. The good thing about lapeer is if you can hook there you will hook ANYWHERE! I like that it is close to home and I can get in as many passes as I want, it still beats testing on I475 LOL
            Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by drilr View Post
              Doc Fox
              Ed and Matt run the track and there is some improvement's the the pre staging has been paved behind the tower side stand's its long plenty of room to stop. toilet suck, pit's suck, prep is average to good for tnt Doc your pretty fast but there are some 8.50's car's there but very few. ulby is a little better track but short

Comment

I really like Milan and 131, they are both great tracks. Mid Michigan would be a good central track from all over the state, but they have a smaller shut down area. Ubly is nice because we could all get alot of runs, but not the best track and seems to rain out more in the thumb. Lets make it only close for me and go 1/8 mile at northen Mcihigan, tell your family's it a up north vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                  I really like Milan and 131, they are both great tracks. Mid Michigan would be a good central track from all over the state, but they have a smaller shut down area. Ubly is nice because we could all get alot of runs, but not the best track and seems to rain out more in the thumb. Lets make it only close for me and go 1/8 mile at northen Mcihigan, tell your family's it a up north vacation.
                  that sound's like a plan 131 would work for me a couple hour's and bingo was his name O

Comment

Vince, here’s hoping the new knee went in perfect and all’s well, now get to work on that trans and the valve train.

Beings as how this will be your 9th year of DragWeek does this mean I can leave those big nasty tow straps home? LOL

Looking forward to seeing you at DW13!

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                    Last edited by Swede4; November 8, 2012, 11:55 AM.
                    DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

131 works for me - about 2 - 2.5 hours as long as 94 isn't fubared. I haven't raced there since college, before it was all modernized and NHRA legal. I'm up for going North too - but that takes it out of the there and back in a day type trip for me.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

We will go where ever this distinguished group of gear-heads decides!

R, C. Zink
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
                          Vince, here’s hoping the new knee went in perfect and all’s well, now get to work on that trans and the valve train.

Beings as how this will be your 9th year of DragWeek does this mean I can leave those big nasty tow straps home? LOL

Looking forward to seeing you at DW13!

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                          Swede, You would think after that many years one would have it right by now. I think its got something to do with changing things that might make it faster, Now why would a person do that??????? Again many thanks. As it turned out I could have finished with 3 speeds. OD only went out, But the fact of coil bind and running out of spare springs. The new set was sitting at the Holiday Inn in Millington and of course Comp Cams. Woulda, shoulda coulda. Complete diff setup for 2013 but dont get rid of the strap!!!
                          Tom, " are we all in our places with bright shiney faces". Seeing that Gary and Steve have the whole country wanting to be BUGGY, You too Bill etc. I hafta pass on the great opertunity to get to a track up here, sounds funner, Engine and trani out, car covered up in barn, New knee going in Nov 21. I,ll keep eye on this channel and if you guys do get together maybe I can waive the checker flag. With the new knee I should be able to get out and run up ahead of my car and trip the lights sooner.
                          Last edited by BlackGTO; November 9, 2012, 06:57 AM. Reason: Never right first time.
                          First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                          Second place SSBBNA 2016
                          Third place SSBBNA 2017
                          Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                          All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

I've never been to 131 but I would try to meet up with you guys at any track for a test session

Comment

Go lions

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
                                Swede, You would think after that many years one would have it right by now. I think its got something to do with changing things that might make it faster, Now why would a person do that??????? Again many thanks. As it turned out I could have finished with 3 speeds. OD only went out, But the fact of coil bind and running out of spare springs. The new set was sitting at the Holiday Inn in Millington and of course Comp Cams. Woulda, shoulda coulda. Complete diff setup for 2013 but dont get rid of the strap!!!
                                Tom, " are we all in our places with bright shiney faces". Seeing that Gary and Steve have the whole country wanting to be BUGGY, You too Bill etc. I hafta pass on the great opertunity to get to a track up here, sounds funner, Engine and trani out, car covered up in barn, New knee going in Nov 21. I,ll keep eye on this channel and if you guys do get together maybe I can waive the checker flag. With the new knee I should be able to get out and run up ahead of my car and trip the lights sooner.
                                Vince, good luck with the knee and the recovery period. I have a bad ACL they tell me can't be fixed so I get a bit of what you are facing. We have one more TnT this weekend and then it'll come apart a bit to make all the pieces are still where are supposed to be. It's gonna be your year next year, lucky 2013.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X