No announcement yet.

Michiclan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the car Sunday to Lapeer and got my final passes in for the year. The weather was beautiful and I got my first 9 second pass!
    9.87 @138.9 on. 200 shot! Time to upgrade everything
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Any track you guys decide to go to will be an over nighter for me. Nothing close to the U.P. unless its Wisconsin. Sure would be fun to go next year, might have to start planning for it and get one of the Pontiacs ready. Looks like everything I have would be running BBNA or DD, unless I find a 400 block that can go with a standard bore and a 4" crank.

Comment

Congrats 82! That's moving!

Vince - GOOD LUCK - do what the docs say!
        My Dad has had both hips replaced, Mom one knee - take it slow at first, then be religiously devoted to the PT - you'll end up better than new. My wife blew out her ACL snow skiing - they had a machine on her leg moving the knee joint back and forth slowly with increasing range of motion every few days - it was so slow and quiet she could sleep with it on. Her knee was good as new in a couple months.

Don't let that bad knee go too long Bill! Just like engines - joints tend not to fix themselves.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 82z View Post
          I took the car Sunday to Lapeer and got my final passes in for the year. The weather was beautiful and I got my first 9 second pass!
          9.87 @138.9 on. 200 shot! Time to upgrade everything
          nice pass
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Thanks all, Bill, I'm sure you have heard this, Just get it done!!! I have and its going to happen. Time will tell. Thanks, maybe its Lucky 13 for me.
            Great time there 82z. Many of us have triied to get to that single number for many years. Don't know how this winter pans out but I'll be triing to get the Bird done before Aug (the normal for me) Mr Norm (the angry Canadian) and I have been for years wanting to meet say like Lapeer on one night and do Grand Bend, Canada the other. Or visaversa. His car is far from done but closer than before. We.ll see what spring brings. Vince
            First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017
            Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
            All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

[QUOTE=BlackGTO;699431]Thanks all, Bill, I'm sure you have heard this, Just get it done!!! I have and its going to happen. Time will tell. Thanks, maybe its Lucky 13 for me.
              Great time there 82z. Many of us have triied to get to that single number for many years. Don't know how this winter pans out but I'll be triing to get the Bird done before Aug (the normal for me) Mr Norm (the angry Canadian) and I have been for years wanting to meet say like Lapeer on one night and do Grand Bend, Canada the other. Or visaversa. His car is far from done but closer than before. We.ll see what spring brings. Vince[/QUOTE
              Vince Ulby in the thumb is setup better for something like that. Dennis that owns and runs the track is easy to work with. and it can be done on fri sat or sun. there a hotel in town and town is only a 1/2 mile away also camp grounds at the track

Comment

Roger that, Thanks
                First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                Third place SSBBNA 2017
                Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Got a pair of weld prostar 15X10X4.75-6 1/2 BS today off of craigslist for $150 nice shape looks like bigger tires for spring hopinng 295X65X15 or 315X60X15 MT DR should look and hook more better

Comment

Well went for surgery monday the 19 had a laminectomy 4,5,6 lumbar should be recovered in 4 weeks. the back hurt's like hell now where the surgery was but the pain down the leg is gone. on sunday before found a set of weld prostar's 15x10 on craigslist for $200. when i got there the guy said give $150 for them before i could say ok to $200. there in good shape so going to set up in tire size 295X65X15 or 315X60X15 MT DR which ones work better

Comment

looks like winter is here woke p to about 1" of snow and 28*. last saturday i went to the track and it was 60* just a nice day to run the car. i was at lapeer and it was real slow maybe 15 or 20 car's. guess the deer hunting had every out been seeing a nice 8 pointer in the back yard a few times hope the neighbor kid gets him. i see he has a blind out back on the lot line. he's out there hunting all the time my brittany lets me know when deer are around he goes nuts at the door cant wait the chase them off

Comment

How about those LOIN'S

Comment

"LOINS"
                          perhaps you meant LIONS..

just curious
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                            "LOINS"

just curious
                            Yeah he meant our LOSER LIONS... 3 weeks in a row
                            and 2 of those game lost in the last minute
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; December 4, 2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                              "LOINS"

just curious
                              no i meant loins they are a hanging bag the way they play.

Comment

you have nuthin on the KC Chiefs.. talk about SUCK..
                                Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                                Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                                Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                                Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Working...
                                X