Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious who was the fastest car not trailered to Drag week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious who was the fastest car not trailered to Drag week?

I am planning on Driving to Drag week, and run in the 10's on motor. I live in Red Deer Alberta Canada, so I am thinking I will be looking at 6000 miles round trip....so a adventure to say the least!!

I was curious how many guys actually drive to drag week and what kind of time they run. Of course looking to have fun, not really focused on winning.

Also curious of what the fastest pontiac ran at drag week this year?

Thanks
    Very excited about participating!!!

Thats a good question. I know Swede drove out from Cali. Not sure who else other than the local Oklahoma guys.

Comment

My Pontiac powered TR6 went 9.31 @ 150 but I was out after 2 days, due to lack of sleep.

Comment

I really like your car. Didn't you build it over a long time span? Or at least stage the build process?

Comment

Damn that is a fast TR6!! Pontiac powered as well, very nice. JoeyG, are you asking me or v869tr6?

Comment

Drove my 34 coupe from FL. for DW 2011 & 2012 both years were a 4,000 mile round trip. Had a 10.55 avg. this year. I run a pretty mild N/A 427 sbc. It all comes down to building a realistic combination.

Jason
            2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
            2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
            all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

i would definitely guess that jason is the baddest of the bad in this category.anyone know of sometin faster?
              63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Just this year or years past?

Parish drove his truck the second year to and from the event and it ran a best ET at Drag Week of a 10.08

Jay Brown drove his Mustang with a supercharged FE to and from the event in 2007, I think the car was running low 9s (someone here will remember).

I didn't attend this year so I am not sure who all drove or trailered.
                Last edited by dieselgeek; November 7, 2012, 07:26 PM.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Damn Jason, that is very cool, damn long drive and running mid 10's ....awesome!! How heavy is your car?

Comment

Doesn't have to be this year, just curious about how many people drive to the event as well, but don't get me wrong, I respect all the driver who participate.....7 seconds and driven on the street is way too cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by guidos View Post
                      Damn Jason, that is very cool, damn long drive and running mid 10's ....awesome!! How heavy is your car?
                      Car weighs 2,720 with me, has full intrerior, A/C, roll bar, etc. I was very weight conscious when I built the car. When driving that many miles DW kinda becomes the most relaxing and easy part of the deal, because once the week begins you are surround by the most helpful and knowledgeable people I've ever met. It's the driving to and from, and I run with no copilot, that I worry about being broke down in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure there were faster cars than mine driven to DW, just don't know how far there ride was.

Jason
                      Last edited by prostreet34; November 7, 2012, 08:34 PM.
                      2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                      2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                      all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

I dont think Jay or Parrish drove further.07 Jay was from Minn to Cordova Ill.Not sure on Parrish with the truck.I think you are the first to go on DW and know when you got home you were out of a job. LOL.

Comment

Weight, I hear year, but my 65 GTO is 3950lbs, and a stick car, I drop the clutch at 5600ish, and ran a best of 11.17 @ 122mph at 2500DA, I always drive to the track and most of the time drive home, I have made some 800mile trips and dragged the car, I am hoping to be running in the 10's for drag week, but I am sure you know how that goes LOL. Watching the videos, while the snow is falling, exciting and sad at the same time!!
                          Thanks, for the info!

Comment

Jason makes it look easy....

Last year I drove my 55 there and back, ran best of 11.28. 3700 miles for the whole trip.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Very Cool Squirrel!!

Comment

Working...
                              X