Drag Week Get Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Get Together

OK guys, there has been some chat on another thread about the possibility of having a get together for Drag Week racers. It was also suggested that it be before Drag Week around the June timeframe. Another suggestion was to do this at Beech Bend Dragway in Bowling Green.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Sounds good to me. I have a few "commitments" in June, but I will see if I can work it in.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

No idea if I could make it that far - but I'm not saying no. I guess I need to get all this other junk done and get back to the falcon.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Fun idea, but impractical if you don't live close to Beech Bend or wherever. Never the less you guys that are close should do it much as the Michiclan guys are discussing.

The three or four of us here on the left coast that do Drag Week from time time get together pretty frequently. I'm hoping we can include Arizona guys too there or here.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Might be doable and maybe Grumpy can bring the Purple twins
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Is this a private fight or can anyone join in? An unfortunate wannabe here- registered twice and did not show twice (stupid truck)! I am getting good at asking for refunds.

If allowed, I hope to be on the road then. Could be a good time!
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

My friend, pls focus .............. on Falcon!!!!

Then we will run to KY.

R, Z
              sigpic

Comment

Both 131 or Beach Bend are about 6 hours for me. Like both tracks, might be up for one or both. See if my junk is running and if time permits.
                Tom

Comment

June is PowerTour AND NHRR
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I have plans to be on a beach, drinking cold beer with a beautiful woman at my side the entire month of June. However, since there is a 99.9% possibility that won't happen, I'll keep this in mind...

Comment

We can do 131 if we have the car together that early. We dont usually get the car back together until the middle of august.
                      Drag Week 2009 winner BB/NA
                      Drag Week 2010 second BB/NA
                      Drag week 2011 Winner Modified/NA
                      Drag week 2012 Winner SS BB/NA

Comment

I wont be at the 131, not that it matters but the other sounds good to me. staying in the middle of north and south may draw more cars in all dirrections
                        Last edited by JeffMcKC; November 16, 2012, 07:54 AM.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

If the weekend is open it's dooable. 131 is like 5 hour drive.
                          Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                          Drag Week 2011 DD
                          Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                          Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

This would be cool to do, but June or July I'm going after some truck standing mile records

Comment

Pick the time and place and I will try my best to be there

Comment

Working...
                              X