Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a start on DW 2013.

I hope! A little dyno time today.
    306 sbf 8.4:1c.r., Comp ex274hr cam, AFR185 heads,Victor jr.EFI, CSU 750 and a Turbonetics T70 = 574hp@ 5800 630tq@4700 at 7psi. Non intercooled.
    Yes EFI manifold, just plugged the holes.Ran out of funds for that part.
    Overall I was pleased,gives me a base line to work with.

Not bad man...
    sigpic

!!Check out my facebook race page!!!

Comment

Nice!
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

dang that's a bunch of torque, love it! Your mill must be making some steam even before the 7 pounds! Stock block?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Nive numbers. Small block power adder classes are tough, add lightness.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Nice work - put it in something made from titanium tubing and carbon fiber body work..... Bill's mill stone need not be shared among all us Ford guys... ;-)
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yes Beage, stock block and pump gas, Chevron 94,Dart block as soon a funds allow and yeah that TQ figure was a nice surprise, I had figured on about 600tq so 630 was good.
              Bill,I'm a little concerned about that class, but, what the hell. The Zephyr weighs in at 2880. I can always stick in one of my BB's and move over and play with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Racingcritters View Post
                Yes Beage, stock block and pump gas, Chevron 94,Dart block as soon a funds allow and yeah that TQ figure was a nice surprise, I had figured on about 600tq so 630 was good.
                Bill,I'm a little concerned about that class, but, what the hell. The Zephyr weighs in at 2880. I can always stick in one of my BB's and move over and play with you guys.

Sounds like a plan. Get er together and let's take a spin around the block.....then the other block....then a back road or two..DW2013 right around the corner.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Do you need a car? Looks like a cool combo, is that a stock roller block?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                    Do you need a car? Looks like a cool combo, is that a stock roller block?
                    Jeez, thats like asking a junkie if he needs another fix! What have you got in mind? Actually this current project is a '81 Mercury Zephyr station wagon. The block came out if a '86 Bronco (I think) Fuel injected but not a roller block. I turned it into one as all the FI machining was done fom the factory so it was a simple bolt together deal.

Comment

Was wondering had a fox capri if you needed it. Are you concerned about the durability of the block.

Comment

Shawn,yes the block is a concern,it's why I've been calling this engine my "sacrificial lamb". But if I keep the RPM down add an intercooler and keep the boost reasonable it may be okay, at least until day 5. Saving my spare change up for a Dart block.

Comment

Hell yea!! after one good pass to turn in on Day 5 is time to set it on "kill" or "explode"... whichever happens!!
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Had a blast in 2012, thinking of adding a medium large hair dryer for 2013 and doing it all over again.

Comment

Sweet mother of Torque monsters! LOVE IT
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X