The Best Broken Parts Pics From Drag Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Broken Parts Pics From Drag Week

Who has the best broken parts pictures? My broke stuff is all in the trans so not cool to look at.

Mine, certainly not the coolest, but it can kick the thread off.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hi Shawn,
      I posted my one & only "day six" pass carnage in this earlier BS thread....

Repairs are underway...
      Heads are now fully repaired. Welded, re-contoured, three seats, four valves, decked, valve job, etc.
      Block was torched too! It's now decked .030 & honed for new .005 over pistons.
      Somehow it still ran a 9.20 at 141 (and it broke before the 1000').
      Drag Week always provides me with winter repair projects...
      Steve
      Last edited by ProCharged509; December 9, 2012, 09:49 AM. Reason: Added picture of "lighter" head.....
      D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

here is mind from 2010 iwa in the middle of nowhere and the intake push rod broke the top off. i had no spares was thinking what i could do went Todd Maschmeier pulled up and ask if he could help. i said do u have a 8.750 push rod he reached in the back seat a handed 2 out the window 20 min. later we were on the road.
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
          here is mind from 2010 iwa in the middle of nowhere and the intake push rod broke the top off. i had no spares was thinking what i could do went Todd Maschmeier pulled up and ask if he could help. i said do u have a 8.750 push rod he reached in the back seat a handed 2 out the window 20 min. later we were on the road.
          It may not be the biggest breakage but it sure was a strange stop due to breakage..
          as Dale pulled off the E-way we heard the clatter and we stopped just off the top of
          the ramp... as a few of the DWers stopped to ask if they could help and some were
          on their phones then Todd stopped.... being that Dale runs a Ford with GM rockers
          (and with some major luck sorta GM length PR) Todd asked... whats up.... as Dale
          asked ... do you THINK you have a PR thats 8.740(I believe) Todd says... how about
          8.750.... as we both say... THATS FINE.... he reached behind the seat and pulls out
          a plastic bag and lays 2 of them on us.... then 20 minutes later we fire up and start
          rolling down the road...... that sure wouldnt happen very often....... and THANKS TODD
          you sure saved our butts

Comment

my broken part was a

Last edited by Beagle; December 10, 2012, 04:02 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm just glad this waited until after dw. Oddly enough it only leaks when your heavy into the gas. Then it leaks ALOT.

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                I'm just glad this waited until after dw. Oddly enough it only leaks when your heavy into the gas. Then it leaks ALOT.

You mean to say during DW you had NO cam plug..... good for you... glad it didnt pour out

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                  Any idea of the underlying cause? I haven't seen that particular failure before? I run three piece pushrods so different stuff happens.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    Any idea of the underlying cause? I haven't seen that particular failure before? I run three piece pushrods so different stuff happens.
                    We believe it was a hardening issue... to high of rockwell and it was brittle...
                    thats the best we can make out... when Dale was at my house we went for
                    a putt down the road and he SORTA over reved due to a shifter issue and
                    soon as we got back to my driveway we heard the magic unwanted noise
                    again.... sure enough... same thing... we looked at angles and it was touching
                    the inside of the rocker and that might have had some minor side loading...
                    but usually you dont see the tip break off... he did change manufactures and
                    has a pile of spares now... we looked at others and seen signs of cracks near
                    the very tip where the hole is so thats why he replaced them(was only visible
                    on the intakes)
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; December 10, 2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                      You mean to say during DW you had NO cam plug..... good for you... glad it didnt pour out
                      No it popped up after DW and i was very glad it didn't happen during.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I have to many to post. LOL Loook at the january Hot Rod for just a few
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Clay's axle

Casey's transmission
                          Last edited by BBR; December 11, 2012, 01:44 PM.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                          X