No announcement yet.

Locations... rumors? anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Tour 09, My wife and I long hauled both of our cars......they took us through down town chitown!!!
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      That would be a real treat if they sent us on surface streets past the old Robert Taylor homes and Cabreeny Green....

is there any rule against CCW during DW?

LOL
      I hope not, cuz most everyone carries anyway!! Never know tho, our great president might change that for us too!!

Sorry if I opened up a can of worm about that worthless piece of.. anyway.....
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
        Power Tour 09, My wife and I long hauled both of our cars......they took us through down town chitown!!!
        I was there, they did about the same in o4. Worst was Highway 30 south side Cordova to Martin and back. It seemed to me that Mr Freibuiger was asking for more of our opinions this year than ever before so maybe some of these idea's could go real. In the past I don't think it mattered. My bet is its a bit east so as to tap into you guys in KC, Topeka and Tulsa and surounding plus pull some more midwest/east people. Alot I bet its alot of work to make any combination work. Reguardless no matter, it will always be that some will always have to drive big numbers and others will have to take turns driving large to the first track. It won't be in somes backyard every year. We need to see more tracks.
        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
        Second place SSBBNA 2016
        Third place SSBBNA 2017
        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
          I was there, they did about the same in o4. Worst was Highway 30 south side Cordova to Martin and back. It seemed to me that Mr Freibuiger was asking for more of our opinions this year than ever before so maybe some of these idea's could go real. In the past I don't think it mattered. My bet is its a bit east so as to tap into you guys in KC, Topeka and Tulsa and surounding plus pull some more midwest/east people. Alot I bet its alot of work to make any combination work. Reguardless no matter, it will always be that some will always have to drive big numbers and others will have to take turns driving large to the first track. It won't be in somes backyard every year. We need to see more tracks.
          Yep, road trip is fine. Reminds me of days gone by "see the USA in your Chevrolet....." or Mopar, AMC, or even a ford if ya have too.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            is there any rule against CCW during DW?
            nobody said anything about mine. Conceal it, as the name suggests.

If there is no reason to show it, nobody should know you have it.
            Last edited by Beagle; January 17, 2013, 12:20 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
              Yep, road trip is fine. Reminds me of days gone by "sit in the breakdown lane across the USA in your Chevrolet....." .
              Fixed it for 'ya. Here's one of the ads that greenX is talking about:

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                I hope not, cuz most everyone carries anyway!! Never know tho, our great president might change that for us too!!

Sorry if I opened up a can of worm about that worthless piece of.. anyway.....
                You can carry if you are legal to... doesnt matter if its DW or not... BUT you dont have
                a blanket carry for other states... in Mi here we have other states that reciprocate with
                our state so we are legal there but not all stated do, so we are not legal there .. if you
                go to other states its up to you to see if you are legal to carry and where in that state
                are their no carry zones

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                  You can carry if you are legal to... doesnt matter if its DW or not... BUT you dont have
                  a blanket carry for other states... in Mi here we have other states that reciprocate with
                  our state so we are legal there but not all stated do, so we are not legal there .. if you
                  go to other states its up to you to see if you are legal to carry and where in that state
                  are their no carry zones
                  Its not considered a CW unless it's loaded. So if separate you are good. Not to mention if it's in plain sight it's totally legal. Around here anyway.
                  Last edited by Lilracr; January 17, 2013, 02:16 PM.
                  -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                    Its not considered a CW unless it's loaded. So if separate you are good. Not to mention if it's in plain sight it's totally legal. Around here anyway.
                    True...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                      I got the rack in the back window, but don't want the glass broke out so it just holds the cap while I'm running. Then again, I can always tape my cap on the helmet to see if I can go faster.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                        Fixed it for 'ya. Here's one of the ads that greenX is talking about:
                        thanks, I'm not near smart enough to post pictures, let alone videos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilracr View Post

I highly recommend getting a copy of ( Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States ) if want to stay legal. Some states require to be unloaded and cased in the trunk or storage compartment of vehicle, reguardless of CC licence. Comming from FL. I have to drive through alot of states just to get to DW.

Jason
                          Last edited by prostreet34; January 18, 2013, 05:41 PM.
                          2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                          2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                          all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

• I figure if the route takes us through some shady(er) locations, there will probably be a thread on the laws of each place
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              I figure if the route takes us through some shady(er) locations, there will probably be a thread on the laws of each place
                              I hope it's more accurate than the HRM route instructions . . . . Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                                I figure if the route takes us through some shady(er) locations, there will probably be a thread on the laws of each place
                                Why would they take a chance of doing that
                                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                                X