No announcement yet.

I'm close to making it, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!! Keep at it, I wanna see it in September!
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

More progress!
      Cage is done, seat mounts built (though now I decided to put swingout bars in, so the cage really ISN'T done!):

Subframe connectors are done (made my own):

And the upper shock crossmember (which bolts to the original mounts for the rear swaybar) is complete:

more work... always more work!
      DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
      DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
      DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
      DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Alright.. some progress!

Front suspension - done!

Had some trunk rust, so I killed two birds with 1 stone: I made some repair panels out of steel, and some pans to hold the fuel cell and battery box - I think it's in "keeping in the spirit of the rules" (most of the stock trunk floor is still in place, I just cut the rust out!)

back to the shop...
          Last edited by AdvAutoBob; March 25, 2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Sweet.. keep it up!!
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Hell you''re done, this is mine three weeks before 06

3 weeks later ( had the wrong pulleys on it over heated in 10 miles) But I made it and that was the goal!
              Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 25, 2013, 05:32 PM.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Jeff its impressive you got it ready in the time frame but its REALLY impressive when you consider that you also painted it.
                1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

That's real impressive. In 2009 we built our car in only 90 days. We came to darg week with only one test pass on the car and no street driving time on it. Our intentions were to just to run the first day and go home. However on day one found our self in second place and decided to give it a try and ended up winning our class. Along the way we had a lot of problems and I don't recommend doing it this way.
                  Drag Week 2009 winner BB/NA
                  Drag Week 2010 second BB/NA
                  Drag week 2011 Winner Modified/NA
                  Drag week 2012 Winner SS BB/NA

Comment

Well, ideally I'd like to have it done by June for some summer testing, but if it's not done till it goes in the box for the ride to Bowling Green, I'll deal with it.

And before you say it, Jeff... I know... "Testing is overrated"

Comment

Jeff is not from this world - if I compare myself to him I end up mortally depressed.

Nice work Bob - I like the idea of incorporating "compartments" into the trunk floor to accept the fuel cell and battery box.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks.. it was done primarily for fitment - F-body trunks aren't the tallest to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
                          Well, ideally I'd like to have it done by June for some summer testing, but if it's not done till it goes in the box for the ride to Bowling Green, I'll deal with it.

And before you say it, Jeff... I know... "Testing is overrated"
                          That year I did need to test, but we finished it there, and worked in the rain. Got it aligned on the way, just no time left to drive it at all, heck we poured water in it for the first time in the parking lot. I was to too tired to think, and gave up, headed back 10 miles in, had not slept in 4 days more than a hour or two a day. Trailering to Indy the first day, I thought of the problem a set of e-bay under drive pulleys, with a e-bay Nascar Adams water pump made to run at 9000 rpm, it just did not move any water at 3000. Fixed it at home went 10.40 off the trailer winner was running 10.70's but that's not saying I could have lasted the week.

You will make it just keep working on it steady.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Well.. 90% of the fabrication is done (wrapping up the rear bulkhead and package tray right now)..
                            Then, it's get the cage certified, and after that, wire it, plumb it. Then a simple matter of reassembling the engine and dropping it and the trans in the car.

All the time in the world I have!

Comment

from the pictures, progress and mods are looking good! Keep at it..
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Looky what the tractor trailer man dropped off to me today!

All "legal" components for Street Race :P

Comment

Working...
                                X