No announcement yet.

Signs of DW fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectating is cheaper that participating, but - it will undoubtedly lead to a terminal case of the fever.... you've been warned!

Several folks I talked to last year said they could only do it because it was close to home...

All of us all over the country want it closer to home - so we just have to pay extra some years - or sit out some years waiting for the rotation. The guys out west are very committed to make this show!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

you say west coasters are committed.. how bout them crazzy bastards from England, Australia, Europe, etc..... Now THATS's COMMITTED!!
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

INDEED!

Mick is flat out batshit crazy - we all know that!

Dudes from Australia blowing powerglides faster than most of us change socks! - NUTS!

And we love 'em all for it!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by R442 View Post
          . I am hoping this year it will be close enough to home that I can make it to a couple of the tracks as a spectator. I should be safe doing that, right?
          Thats what i did in '09. Had some weird bearded dude hitch a ride for a day... After one day you will be wanting your car out there, or at least be able jump into some thrashing that is going on.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I rode with Tom in 06. After that, I knew I HAD to do it myself.
            Just took a few years to be able to go, then when it started/ended in Topeka (40 miles away). I DID go, soo glad I did too!!
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              I have the fever, and the only cure is more cow bell.
              This just happened to pop up on my facebook today
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                I rode with Tom in 06. After that, I knew I HAD to do it myself.
                Just took a few years to be able to go, then when it started/ended in Topeka (40 miles away). I DID go, soo glad I did too!!
                I rode with my buddy Dale(quick52) in 09 and 10... we had a riot BUT I
                knew I was gonna bring my own ride.... still working on it now but it
                runs now... just getting ready to make it perrttty(paint job) then put
                some test miles on it

Comment

TheSilverBuick, I've never been in Ely, but I've been on a dairy farm, what's more Cow Bell going to do for me? Can I order them from your Web Site? Do you take Plastic or PayPal. Do you provide automatic re-fills?

PS love the Pontiac 6...

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                  DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

was wondering if cow bells came in green or yellow.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
                      TheSilverBuick, I've never been in Ely, but I've been on a dairy farm, what's more Cow Bell going to do for me? Can I order them from your Web Site? Do you take Plastic or PayPal. Do you provide automatic re-fills?

PS love the Pontiac 6...

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
                      I'm hoping to have the turbo version running and reliability proven for the 2014 Drag Week.

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                      was wondering if cow bells came in green or yellow.
                      I don't know, I have a grey one in my office though.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

thinking about quitting so I can spend more quality time with my CAR. haha.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

do u have the DW fever if drive to a Strip in the snow for a look?

Comment

Doc and I will be driving ours in a Cruise for Special Olympics and a Polar Bear Plunge this weekend.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

how the bloody hell do you fit turbos to a cow bell,and what class do you run in ,but would make shipping from uk a bit easier.would fit in case.

Comment

im pretty sure it will be on my hit list of things to do in the next year or so.... DD or really small block power adder... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X