Signs of DW fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real street diffs for drag week

wen't out with some people from wave trac last week(old english pub for real old ale)talking about 9inch diffs they told me they do an lsd/atb with pre load for 28,31,33,and 35 spline and has been test on big hp drag cars . going to try one on blue bell better for corners at speed

Comment

do they have 9" short enough for your van Mick?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

cool thanks Mick. Per Johns thinking, I doubt that the rear end in my car would be narrow enough for your turbo beast.

Like I said, I haven't had any problems running the spool on the street with my balloons since 2005. 18" of tread hydroplanes regardless of spool/ no spool. It just kept nagging me in all that heavy rain after I was questioned about running the spool on the street. As for handling with a spool, I don't take corners fast in that car anyway due to the weenie tires in front.
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

yes axle 42inchs face 2face,big bearings strange 31 shaft ,broken 2 28 spline shafts road miles take there toll,and 1.53 60 foots as well ,stock ford 9inch posi but change clamp load, On 13 inch wheels +21inch tall tyres(tires) worked like spool on street but alot better after spring change behind clutch pack.

Comment

all this dw talk has got me all hot and bothered... need to do this in the next year or so...

Comment

it is automotive crack. Bring Big Bird!!!
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                do they have 9" short enough for your van Mick?

They DO........after he did a few modifications. OK, a bunch of modifications.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

You're welcome in my car any time Jeff, if you can stand to go that slow.

LOL
                  John, have you considered painting the Flying Falcon, Labatt's Blue?

R, Z
                  sigpic

Comment

Carl - pure GENIUS!

The original thought was a 50/50 mix of the car's original "ming green" and my favorite old ford color "acapulco blue"

Then a guy had to go playing with striping tape on the front laying out flames.....
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Damm peer pressure!!!!

The flames add the cool factor!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                        it is automotive crack. Bring Big Bird!!!
                        Ohh thats the plan, so everyone can stop and laugh everytime I get out of the car

Comment

I wonder how long Larson gets out of a set of front tires - rumor has it he runs fast on the road - with all that big block over those skinny tires in windy roads? I've got to wonder if he plans on a new set of fronts for every DW.
                          in 2010 seen him running 85 mph down the eway couldnt keep up he drives the sh-t out of that nova
                          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Is checking the BS Hot Rod Drag Week thread 3 times a day a sign of DW fever?

Jason
                            2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                            2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                            all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post

Jason
                              Haha i'd say so. but i do the same if not more all while patiently waiting for track info and registration to pop up.. but in the mean time i suppose ill start watching the 1320 drag week dvds all over again.
                              Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post

Jason
                                have not counted the number, but it is usually anytime I an in front of a computer with a couple of minutes to spare. Doc, I need some DW addiction meds.........
                                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                                X