No announcement yet.

PRICE Tag To Run DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBR is right; adding up receipts or even Reading receipts will STFootE (Suck-the-Fun-out-of-the-Experience), and most of us are here for the Experience 'cause we are a long shot for the Jacket. However; planning your budget in January gives you a much better chance on making it in September and enjoying the experience.

DW2012 expenses for my son and I were north of $3k but I'm driving in from SoCal and my son fly's to DW and back home so it's expected to be more than mid-west participant costs. This year I've misplaced my "cash stash" upon returning home - I'm out a whole wad of cash that I came home with but now cannot find - it's not good being 72. Being "old school" I still believe in cash (I've broke down twice on the drive From home To DW and both times it was Cash that got me home - no one wanted plastic from an old Hot Rodder. Anyway when I find it - it will be spent on DW13! I've got to go now, I'm still looking for my "stash".

Hardy Handshakes -Swede
    DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

bump
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

in 2011 i spent about $2100..
        I was getting 7-8 miles a gallon running 93 oct... then gas to trailor from appleton, wi to topeka KS and back.
        plus hotels and food.. and i bought quite a bit of hot rod's merchandise they had for sale...

Im guessing this year will be more with running nitrous and needing race fuel and i try to leave spare cash for that chance of any breakage..

All in all its well worth it and i try not to think of the money aspect and just enjoy the week/hanging with everyone.
        Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

^^^^^^^ plus a quart of oil every 100 miles dougie

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad68 View Post
            ^^^^^^^ plus a quart of oil every 100 miles dougie
            Haha yah.. soo add 12 qts at about $6 each.. about another $72 on top of that total.

Comment

Well I was guessing ABOUT $2000-$2200 for the week WITHOUT any breakage..
              thats all different.... but thats based on a reasonable distance (hopefully)
              Last edited by MR P-BODY; February 3, 2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                Yah you should be safe with that number. hope to see ya there.

Comment

Hey wait,,,, it cost Money?
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    Yeah but its cool, you don't realize how much until your done.
                    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      NAW, I did it all on plastic.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I dont have a problem really with the money BUT would like to get
                        a idea what to tell the wife(not that its a big deal to her) because I
                        have done work to pay for the car (to build) and worked for some
                        extra coin for what ever I want... she knows I'm going so its just
                        a matter of how much I blow on the trip.. I'd hate to have her take
                        money out of my account when I'm on DW(when she can pull it out
                        of our other accounts)
                        EDIT
                        I dont have a credit card... all I have is a debit card... so if it goes
                        dry I'm done(unless she moves money into my account)... pretty simple
                        Last edited by MR P-BODY; February 3, 2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Last year staying one day early and leaving on sat it cost me $ 3,200.00 dollars for gas ,food and lodging no breakdowns and thats
                          from Mich.The gas was the killer it could be a little cheaper if bunked with someone.And it looks like fuel will be high again.

Comment

Just wife MY Wife
                            reminding be of the costs of this crazy competetion.

I Guess $3000 without repairs to car or tires for hauler.

Comment

I am sponsored by master card and visa
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                                Is that American...Hey Mike how's the weather
                                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                                X