The new Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
    Every Car that goes is cool in some way I always find.
    YES

My only complaint is not having more time to talk with the other participants - there's lots to learn in a week!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It seems I'm always the last to get my copy, past history says it will be here next month or so.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
        I stopped by Wally World and got one last night. Very cool with the top 32. (kind of a bummer about the "also ran" that had to leave on Friday)
        Now all I got to do is get closer to the top 32.
        Kind of a bummer to be #33 . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          Kind of a bummer to be #33 . . . .
          I didn't get named in my class and I finished while the red truck who finished slower than me got a picture in. Oh well, it's a dream to get in a magazine but it's an awesome reality to live the event each time I go. Congrats to those featured!
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            YES

My only complaint is not having more time to talk with the other participants - there's lots to learn in a week!
            This year was a Blurrrrrrrrr to me.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              This year was a Blurrrrrrrrr to me.
              Take a slower car to DW (okay, a MUCH SLOWER CAR) and it's not such a blur . . . .

(Of course then you don't get all of the magazine stardom . . . or the legions of groupies and fans . . . or the public match race call-outs . . . . )

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                I didn't get named in my class and I finished while the red truck who finished slower than me got a picture in. Oh well, it's a dream to get in a magazine but it's an awesome reality to live the event each time I go. Congrats to those featured!

Brief remarks on the occasion of finishing #33 and outside of HRM's DD "print" coverage:

I'd like to thank Zex Nitrous for selling me the non-functioning "plug & play" drive-by-wire N20 kit with the huge omission in the throttle calibration instructions . . . .

And I'd like to thank Wacky Mick, KJ Jones, Finnegan, Monte Smith and all of the others who supplied parts and free advice on making the defective Zex kit work (none of which fit or worked because the Zex electronics and plumbing are apparently proprietary).

And I'd like to thank O'Reilly's for selling me wiring and electrical tape consumed by the yard in the daily efforts to fix the Zex kit.

And I'd like to thank the Zex techs who appeared at Memphis at the very end of the day . . . after smoozing all day with the DW stars . . . to advise me that everything we'd tried would never work . . . because they left something absolutely critical out of the instructions and didn't correct them because they'd printed "a thousand copies."

And I'd like to thank the Zex tech line who used up my cellular telephone minutes keeping me on hold.

And I'd like to thank the Ford Motor Company for selling me a 412-horsepower car that wheel hops enough on MT Drag Radials to nearly detach my retinas, and is equipped with the "magic" traction control which shuts off the engine at the most opportune times.

And I'd like to thank Super 8 in West Memphis, Arkansas for providing me three hours of sleep in quite possibly the nastiest hotel room in the Western world.

And I'd like to thank Bob Hurley Ford for selling me quite possibly the most expensive factory lug nut ever so I could run the DW "overtime" session.

I'd also like to thank all of the truck stops and other venues where I was able to grab a few hours of sleep.

Additionally, I'd like to thank McDonalds for the Dollar Menu and Quik Trip for the 56-oz frozen cappuccino.

I'd also like to thank the Hot Rod crew for the error-free route instructions, the turnpikes, and fun time I spent on the DW waiting list.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of the Bangshifters who provided such constructive criticism, friendly support, and boundless encouragement, such as Swede4, Poison Gas . . . .

Comment

lol....nice speach.
                  63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

I made it thru Finnegan and then my over-word protection kicked in.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

Must have been programmed by the same FoMoCo geeks that set up the 2012 Mustang GT traction control system.

Comment

Sure sounds like you never tested your Zex Nitrous system before you left home

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                          Originally posted by BBR View Post

Must have been programmed by the same FoMoCo geeks that set up the 2012 Mustang GT traction control system.

Next on FOX, when Ford guys turn on Ford guys!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                            Sure sounds like you never tested your Zex Nitrous system before you left home
                            Well of course not! All that stuff DF says about the "biggest collection of cars that weren't running twenty-four hours ago" isn't just hyperbole.

I didn't even own the kit a week before DW '12 (I only got the invite off the waiting list about the first of September) . . . it wasn't even all the way on the car at tech inspection on Sunday.

A "plug-n-play" baby shot of giggle gas . . . How hard could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              Next on FOX, when Ford guys turn on Ford guys!
                              BBR's Twitter-length attention span is well-known. Probably a result of all that MASSIVE, WHEELSTANDING, EARTH-MOVING, GROUND-SHAKING BIG-BLOCK FORD TORQUE jarring the old grey matter.

Good thing you've got a little "pea-shooter" mill in that Buick to protect your brain.

Comment

While I was WAITING at the pharmacy to pick up some scrips I found the mag
                                and read most of the mag... all of the DW section..... not bad

Comment

Working...
                                X