The new Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post
    So did Zex take care of you, refund, working replacement unit or exchange for low tech kit? I'm not a spray guy, but I always like to hear about custormer service.

Jason
    It is a bummer it didnt work.... but I'm curious if they took care of the issue to his
    satisfaction

Comment

Just sent a link of this thread to the fine folks at Zex nitrous systems. I cant leave stuff like this alone... Hopefully they choose to do the right thing. I hate to see a fellow racer get "Nailed in the buns" for a kit that doesn't work. It boggles my mind that those big wigs didnt help this guy out at the track. They had a chance to get it right then....
      Last edited by Dino98T/A; January 10, 2013, 08:44 PM.
      http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

I was there a couple times with Mr. Outsider trying to trouble shoot the dang thing. He had the basics of troubleshooting it covered for sure.
        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 10, 2013, 08:13 PM.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino98T/A View Post
          Just sent a link of this thread to the fine folks at Zex nitrous systems. I cant leave stuff like this alone... Hopefuly they choose to do the right thing. I hate to see a fellow racer get "Nailed in the buns" for a kit that doesn't work. It boggles my mind that those big wigs didnt help this guy out at the track. They had a chance to get it right then....
          Note to self.Dont get Dino on the chip. LOL.They do need to know how his experience went.Customer service wasnt there thats for sure.Comes to Nitrous I have your card.Plus you are a good security guard at DW Hotels.

Comment

Indeed, a privilege to be on the same two page spread as Scott Abbot, Bob Perrine and Josh Walton - thank you Hot Rod Magazine & Staff! Congratulations to all the top 32 Daily Drivers, love seeing your rides with names in the mag.

Hardy Handshakes - Swede
            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

loved everyone's coverage.props to elana and all who contributed.i think they musta airbrushed my pic tho.....lol lots more dings and scuffs than it shows.
              63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Ok, so now that we have heard the list of grievances, what are you doing to fix them for DW13? (I assume you are going to try and go to DW13...) This might be best in it's own thread...

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post

Brief remarks on the occasion of finishing #33 and outside of HRM's DD "print" coverage:

I'd like to thank Zex Nitrous for selling me the non-functioning "plug & play" drive-by-wire N20 kit with the huge omission in the throttle calibration instructions . . . .

And I'd like to thank Wacky Mick, KJ Jones, Finnegan, Monte Smith and all of the others who supplied parts and free advice on making the defective Zex kit work (none of which fit or worked because the Zex electronics and plumbing are apparently proprietary).

And I'd like to thank O'Reilly's for selling me wiring and electrical tape consumed by the yard in the daily efforts to fix the Zex kit.

And I'd like to thank the Zex techs who appeared at Memphis at the very end of the day . . . after smoozing all day with the DW stars . . . to advise me that everything we'd tried would never work . . . because they left something absolutely critical out of the instructions and didn't correct them because they'd printed "a thousand copies."

And I'd like to thank the Zex tech line who used up my cellular telephone minutes keeping me on hold.

And I'd like to thank the Ford Motor Company for selling me a 412-horsepower car that wheel hops enough on MT Drag Radials to nearly detach my retinas, and is equipped with the "magic" traction control which shuts off the engine at the most opportune times.

And I'd like to thank Super 8 in West Memphis, Arkansas for providing me three hours of sleep in quite possibly the nastiest hotel room in the Western world.

And I'd like to thank Bob Hurley Ford for selling me quite possibly the most expensive factory lug nut ever so I could run the DW "overtime" session.

I'd also like to thank all of the truck stops and other venues where I was able to grab a few hours of sleep.

Additionally, I'd like to thank McDonalds for the Dollar Menu and Quik Trip for the 56-oz frozen cappuccino.

I'd also like to thank the Hot Rod crew for the error-free route instructions, the turnpikes, and fun time I spent on the DW waiting list.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of the Bangshifters who provided such constructive criticism, friendly support, and boundless encouragement, such as Swede4, Poison Gas . . . .

Comment

Yall made me do it again, I went out and got the mag for the second time recently, I normally just read Dad's when I am at his house but if I am going to keep buying them I might as well get my own subscription.

I know it looks way easier than it is, but the cut off for the top 32 was 13.00? My 89 went low 14's w/ 3.08s and street tires. Gears slicks and the blue bottle in the closet might get it in the high 12's....
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Yall made me do it again, I went out and got the mag for the second time recently, I normally just read Dad's when I am at his house but if I am going to keep buying them I might as well get my own subscription.

I know it looks way easier than it is, but the cut off for the top 32 was 13.00? My 89 went low 14's w/ 3.08s and street tires. Gears slicks and the blue bottle in the closet might get it in the high 12's....
                    No, cut off was around 12.30's IIRC..

Idunno, maybe the 6th day changed the last few drivers averages.. I could be wrong..
                    Last edited by LAGNAF; January 11, 2013, 01:16 PM.
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

I think 12.70 was closer to the number if it had not gone 6 days. There were 5 cars quicker than 12.70 that could not stay. That being said, the actual #32's average at the end of the event was 13.00.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                        I didn't get named in my class and I finished while the red truck who finished slower than me got a picture in. Oh well, it's a dream to get in a magazine but it's an awesome reality to live the event each time I go. Congrats to those featured!
                        Dang man, they're trying to turn you into a GV distributorship, you can buy your own magazine coverage!!

That red truck next to you... didn't the Gremmie have him covered?
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          Dang man, they're trying to turn you into a GV distributorship, you can buy your own magazine coverage!!

That red truck next to you... didn't the Gremmie have him covered?
                          That's what I was thinking. Doesn't he get a GV every time he goes?

Comment

milner351 also got a mention in one of the articles, but they speelled hiz naem rong.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Contest to find the 33rd place DD in HRM (Bangshift's version of "Where's Waldo")

Congratulations to all DW '12 competitors who were recognized in the print version of HRM over the past two issues.

I've got to say, though, that I'm more bummed than I expected. Missing magazine immortality by only 0.0938 of a second is difficult to take. Fifty years from now, when all of the web-based records are long gone, the dusty, old print magazines will still be a record of what happened . . . a record from which my car and I are absent.

But is my car really absent from the HRM print coverage?

The first Bangshifter who finds and posts a scan in this thread of the photo in which a little sliver of my car is in the background will receive the following:

A size large, brand-new "Atlantic Speed.com" t-shirt featuring an illustration of a flamed '56 Chevy sedan delivery, and a rather buxom, blonde halter & hotpants-clad woman, with the slogan "Save an Endangered Species! Don't Let the Hot Rod Go Extinct. It also has logos for Comp Cams, Zex, and FAST fuel injection.

(I cannot wear this shirt for obvious reasons).

To claim the shirt, post the scan and then send me a private message with shipping instructions. First Bangshifter to complete all the steps wins. Hot Rod Magazine staffers are not eligible, however.

Get out those magnifying glasses, t-shirt fans!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X