Drag Week...........maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week...........maybe

I ran drag Week in 2009 and had a blast. It was my first time, and my ultimate goal was to finish. The Canyon held togeather, and we finished the week with a 10.63 average.

I am hoping to find the time to run it again this year. But, I have the need to go faster. With my current position at Lingenfelter I am around fast cars all the time. Today I have daily drivers with more power than the truck made when I ran Drag Week. A couple of us at work were discussing the best options for making more power, and how to make it live on Drag Week..

My current LS7 made 703 hp @ 6800 rpm. I have ran a best of 10.40@131. We put togeather a plan that would move it from Modified N/A to Modified Power Adder. Based on selected components, and a couple turbos, the new engine should make 1800+ HP.

The truck will have to have the cage updated, a few suspension changes, and other changes to deal with the power. I am going to switch to drag radials instead of slicks. Since we are there I might as well remove a few hundred pounds out of it as well.

I already ordered some of the parts. Now, I just need to find the time and money to finish it and have time for testing before September. If I can avoid buying more cars in the next couple weeks (I will be at the Barrett Jackson and Mecum auctions in the next 2 weeks), and I can free my schedule, I hope to see all of you again this year.
    If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

It'd be awesome to meet up with you again Mike.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Do it, just stay out of modified na, thats all I need is a light ls powered car in there lol
      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Mike I hope you can come, there is a beer waiting for you.

Comment

It would be great to go through the week with you Mike - and you certainly have the resources to build a field leveling machine. It sounds like there should be a pretty sizable group of Michiganders heading for this torture - with any luck some of us can caravan to the start/end track - strength in numbers!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Hope it works out for you Mike
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Mike just bring that bucket of tools and electrial wiring to keep us going.... good luck with the new build.
              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

It would be awesome to see you out there again Mike! I hope you can make it.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Good luck with your build, hope to see in Sept.
                  Tom Franks

Comment

Hopefully both of us will be there, you in your Canyon and me and Chad in my Nova.

Comment

It was awesome to see your little Colorado go down the track, bring it back.

Side note, are you and Ken doing the Sandhills Challenge again this year? I was Jimi Days co-pilot last year.

Comment

you will be there
                        no kidding
                        bob
                        Last edited by 1956NY150; January 16, 2013, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X