No announcement yet.

What is your "home" Drag Strip and ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan MI is about a half hour from home - but they've left a chip on my shoulder - new policies and prices pretty much killed the car club that used to rent it every 3rd thursday all summer long, used to be able to get in all the passes you wanted for $35.

I look forward to getting back to Martin - about 2 hours away, and I want to try Lapeer and Ubly sometime as well.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Lucky to live in northeast Ohio with so many tracks still around & running QuakerCity raceway is my closest then Dragway 42 & Thompson Raceway about the same apart 50 miles Than Norwalk such a great place to run !!! About 80 miles. National Trail in Columbus & Pittsburg raceway about 130 miles. Working on being part of the 2014 DragWeek with our Hemi car. with your friend Bob... Dave the Bartender riding shotgun!!! That will be a trip!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Milan MI is about a half hour from home - but they've left a chip on my shoulder - new policies and prices pretty much killed the car club that used to rent it every 3rd thursday all summer long, used to be able to get in all the passes you wanted for $35.

I look forward to getting back to Martin - about 2 hours away, and I want to try Lapeer and Ubly sometime as well.
        lapeer is a flippin shit hole! i will never go there again. never been to Ubly. Mid michigan is awesome, but to far to go to.

martin is also amazing!!! but too far to go to on a regular basis. funny thing is a local windsorite bought and redid the track a few years ago, after the canadian gov't jerked him around when he wanted to open up a local track. bunch of a-holes! they told him he had to pay for million dollar off ramps, which they had already slated to replace.

Comment

Coles County, Illinois is my "home" track. It's a narrow NHRA 1/8 mile track. Rod the track owner is working hard to keep it a fun place to run. On race day it hooks well. It's about an hour away. Indy, Route 66, Gateway, and the old US 41, are all about 2 to 3 hours away.

Comment

As the radio commercials use to scream: Sunday, Sunday , Sunday!!!!!

In my formative years we ran at;
            Motor City Dragway, Detroit Dragway (both closed); now we use Milan, and/or Martin. We have run previously run at Lapeer, and Ubly.

Norwalk, Ohio isn't too far away.

We would like to run at Mid-Michigan, @ Stanton.

It doesn't matter to our crew. Tell us when and where, and we will be there!

R, Carl
            sigpic

Comment

Mid Michigan and US 131. Both about 45 min's away.
              First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
              Second place SSBBNA 2016
              Third place SSBBNA 2017
              Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
              All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

South Georgia Motorsports Park. 40 minutes away. Awesome track good people running it!

David
                DW/DD 07', 08', 09' and 13'

Comment

US36 raceway in Osborn MO, about 20 minutes from my house and its an 1/8th mile

Comment

30+ years ago I raced a lot at the old Tucson Dragway. In the past 15 years it's been Southwest International Raceway, further south on Houghton road (70 miles away). I don't get up there nearly enough. I've also been to Speedworld (240 miles away) a couple times, only ran at Firebird (200 miles away) once.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by 8SEC6SPD View Post
                      lapeer is a flippin shit hole! i will never go there again. never been to Ubly. Mid michigan is awesome, but to far to go to.

martin is also amazing!!! but too far to go to on a regular basis. funny thing is a local windsorite bought and redid the track a few years ago, after the canadian gov't jerked him around when he wanted to open up a local track. bunch of a-holes! they told him he had to pay for million dollar off ramps, which they had already slated to replace.
                      Flippin shit hole.... I known you didnt just go there... Man your talking about the LID ( LAPEER INTERNATIONAL DRAYWAY ) have repect
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Dale it must be time for glasses if you think Lapeer International Speedway is a good track!!!!! Maybe if you are testing and tuning your John Deere

Comment

Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble , Oklahoma is my home track. It's about 20 miles from me. Been rather embarrassed to all it my home track as it had been run by someone who didn't care about it....but now we have new track management from a little track in north Texas who really want the track to succeed. Can't wait to start racing on it next weekend!!

Comment

Lapeer is an experience to say the least. I475 hooks harder but I don't have to duck cops at lapeer.
                            Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                              Dale it must be time for glasses if you think Lapeer International Speedway is a good track!!!!! Maybe if you are testing and tuning your John Deere
                              Rod with the farm you dont see much at the speed's it run's... Now if your going slow you notice all woopdedoos .. and if your tuning and fix shit you notice the sand box your work in other than that its the
                              LID (LAPEER INTERNATIONAL DRAGWAY) Repect the LID
                              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Apparently ford trucks arent sensitive to chuck holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What days are you good for lunch so a mopar can buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X