What is your "home" Drag Strip and ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
    Apparently ford trucks arent sensitive to chuck holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What days are you good for lunch so a mopar can buy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    will have to be in march... this retired life sucks i have to run down to florida for a few weeks to check on parts
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
      will have to be in march... this retired life sucks i have to run down to florida for a few weeks to check on parts
      What part of FL. are you headed to?

Jason
      Last edited by prostreet34; February 5, 2013, 07:40 PM.
      2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
      2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
      all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post
        What part of FL. are you headed to?

Jason
        Daytona for the race then in town for a week to visit my aunt... then over to the gulf side to stay with friends for a week

Comment

Daytona for the race then in town for a week to visit my aunt... then over to the gulf side to stay with friends for a week
          Going down to check out the trust fund from the Aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
            Going down to check out the trust fund from the Aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            dam right the dow is up

Comment

Flippin shit hole.... I known you didnt just go there... Man your talking about the LID ( LAPEER INTERNATIONAL DRAYWAY ) have repect
              respect for what??? it is a dump, one trip was all it took for me to realize it. i mean if you have a 12 second car, then have at it.

oh and i didn't just walk there... I ran there. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 8SEC6SPD View Post
                respect for what??? it is a dump, one trip was all it took for me to realize it. i mean if you have a 12 second car, then have at it.

oh and i didn't just walk there... I ran there. lol!
                Hell relax everyone knowns Lapeer is a dump... but like u say go there and have fun the track does have a little woodedoo but does have lots of shut down... i run there alot its close and the old farm truck is only been in the high 10's

Comment

I heard there was some deal that lapeer was grandfathered into the area but not allowed to repave?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                    I heard there was some deal that lapeer was grandfathered into the area but not allowed to repave?
                    a few year's ago they added some new asphalt for staging the classes its south of tower side to the fence.. but that all that been done needs bathroom improvement and the pit road asphalted.. would be nice also if the slips were on the return road.. but its the LID and alot of quick car's run out there the fastest ive seen is vinnie with the falcon run 8.70.. my son use to run there best ever pass 9.38 @ 144

Comment

My home track is Great lakes dragaway"DA GROVE", I also race at Byron, and U.S.41. We run 1 race at Norwalk in august as well.
                      Also do standing mile events (mostly at the ohio mile).
                      Last edited by 1 fast evo 2; February 7, 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
                        My home track is Great lakes dragaway"DA GROVE", I also race at Byron, and U.S.41. We run 1 race at Norwalk in august as well.
                        Also do standing mile events (mostly at the ohio mile).
                        would be cool to run the standing mile i think the old farm truck would peter out around 130

Comment

would be cool to run the standing mile i think the old farm truck would peter out around 130
                          can't imagine anything over 130 in my 53... that is ALOT of air to push around in trucks!!

course I would run outa gear anyways!!
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
                            ...Also do standing mile events (mostly at the ohio mile).
                            I got a chance to co-drive a buddy's Z06 on the Texas Mile at Goliad just before they moved to Beeville. Had a blast and ran just over 164 ('bout 70+ shy of your Evo).
                            I would like to try the Blazer on the Ohio mile some day. It's run 155+ in the 1/4 a dozen times using only third gear. On the mile I'd have to use fourth and lock up the converter.....
                            I do like mph.......
                            D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Originally posted by 8SEC6SPD View Post
                              lapeer is a flippin shit hole! i will never go there again. never been to Ubly. Mid michigan is awesome, but to far to go to.

martin is also amazing!!! but too far to go to on a regular basis. funny thing is a local windsorite bought and redid the track a few years ago, after the canadian gov't jerked him around when he wanted to open up a local track. bunch of a-holes! they told him he had to pay for million dollar off ramps, which they had already slated to replace.
                              If you look at a TnT day at Martin VS Lapeer, I have better luck running Lapeer... at least
                              I can hook at Lapeer... I've had my problems at Martin on TnT days.. I finally had to put
                              the car back in the trailer... my car is a high 8s car and when I was going to the Mopar race
                              at Martin I would get there on Friday for some passes.... I couldnt hook to save my ass..
                              but when they spray the track its fine and I have no issues... I call Norwalk my home track
                              and its a 3 hour drive but I usually stay for the weekend ... I have my problems at Milan also
                              when its TnT days... they dont like to prep either... normally my car can hook in a mud puddle
                              but I need just a little prep.... Ubly and Lapeer are both short in the shut down area for me... I
                              can stop without to much of a problem but once in a while I did have to dump the chute but I
                              dont like to(I'm toooo lazy to pack it) based on which way the wind is blowing(I can get a couple
                              extra MPH if its blowing down track and that can get me 153mph)

Comment

As far as martin goes ive only been there once and it was short handed with the crew... ran good times so it was a good day pretty cool with the scale at the end of the track

Comment

Working...
                                X