What is your "home" Drag Strip and ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    would be cool to run the standing mile i think the old farm truck would peter out around 130
    That's a pretty stout old farm truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
      That's a pretty stout old farm truck.
      well i mite be off but have been 126 in the 1/4 but that was at 6700 so to do 130 i would shift into 4th gear and lock the converter might even get a little more if it didnt blow
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

one good thing about old trucks. No need for a chute, just back off the throttle and you have a 4000+ lb. wind catcher.
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
          one good thing about old trucks. No need for a chute, just back off the throttle and you have a 4000+ lb. wind catcher.
          the old farm truck is about as slick as a barn door pretty quick off the line though
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Midwest raceway in Manhattan KS. Awesome little 1/8 mile track...Very laid back. You can BBQ in the pits and/or bring a cooler for some adult beverages. I am also about 50 minutes away from Heartland park. I try to make a few test&tunes during the spring/summer...
            Last edited by Dino98T/A; February 10, 2013, 06:49 AM.
            http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Mooresville NC nice 1/8 mile track its a little less than a mile from the house.

Comment

Moving target these days as our tracks close and then are resusitated or resurrected as you prefer, but Fontana if it reopened, Irwindale 1/8th mile, and Famoso, damn the the rotting fruit or incendiary temperatures.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Home drag strip? They always tell me "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

Comment

Originally posted by Dino98T/A View Post
                    http://www.midwestraceway.com/INDEX.HTML

Midwest raceway in Manhattan KS. Awesome little 1/8 mile track...Very laid back. You can BBQ in the pits and/or bring a cooler for some adult beverages. I am also about 50 minutes away from Heartland park. I try to make a few test&tunes during the spring/summer...
                    Love that place.Quick program that pays well.See all kinds of cars. LOL.Self watering burnout box FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                      Love that place.Quick program that pays well.See all kinds of cars. LOL.Self watering burnout box FTW!
                      Lol...They do pay well, from what I hear. I'm always knocked out by the second or third round anyway.
                      http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Bunker Hill, Indiana. 1/8 mile, great location. Oldest strip in the state. 1956.....
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                        X